LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is there anyone in our area that can do the shift light mod on my cluster?

Thanks for any info,

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are you trying to get the limiter light to flash when you want to shift? If so, you need to use HPTuners or something similar to dig WAY deep into your PCM. Any handheld won't do it.

~Matt

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,327 Posts
I've done 2 myself. But I don't have the equipment now, sorry.

Have you checked the VZClustermod thread? You can do it yourself and you don't need HP Tuners. Just some cheap components and cables.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Are you trying to get the limiter light to flash when you want to shift? If so, you need to use HPTuners or something similar to dig WAY deep into your PCM. Any handheld won't do it.

~Matt
This is not a totally accurate. You can do this without HP tuners

Have you checked the VZClustermod thread? You can do it yourself and you don't need HP Tuners. Just some cheap components and cables.
This is 100% accurate---danfigg

·
Need To Drive More
1,459 Posts
Hey guys, is there anyone in our area that can do the shift light mod on my cluster?

Thanks for any info,

Dave
Depending on where you are at in WA, I have the cable and downloaded software to program the cluster. LMK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeah, I saw the thread. I was hoping someone locally had the tools to do it. I don't have any of it (laptop, cable, etc...). I'd hate to buy all that to do it once :) Hopefully someone will eventually see this and be able to help out. I know the alternative is to send my cluster out, but I'm not up for that.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

---dp---

·
Need To Drive More
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depending on where you are at in WA, I have the cable and downloaded software to program the cluster. LMK
Oh man, I completely missed your post. I'm in Everett. What area are you in? If you could help me out, I would appreciate it!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts

~Matt
Wrong

·
Need To Drive More
1,459 Posts
Oh man, I completely missed your post. I'm in Everett. What area are you in? If you could help me out, I would appreciate it!
Sure. I am in the FedWay area.

Its pretty simple to do and only takes a few minutes.

·
Need To Drive More
1,459 Posts
Next Saturday I have a race but available on Sunday. Will be around all this weekend wrenching so if things change in your schedule feel free to stop down.

·
Need To Drive More
1,459 Posts
No problem. Ever need to make any adjustments or want to turn wrench LMK.

·
Need To Drive More
1,459 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
You are an awesome member, thanks for helping out these folks. Wish more peeps these days were as helpful as you.

·
No Miata No Miata No Miata :(
6,752 Posts
No problem. Ever need to make any adjustments or want to turn wrench LMK.

This dude is pretty great :thumbs:

I have the cable components to put together and do this but it's been 2.5 years since I got them and still have yet to do it haha.

If you find yourself up here again (I'm in Monroe now) let me know.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I have the cable as well. Up between Burlington and Bellingham

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts