LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone increased or decreased the shift pressure on their cars using the Predator?

I increased it by 3% and put the car sideways yesterday in the rain.
I was thinking about going to 5% to see what happens.

Has anyone else done it?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I would strongly recommend not doing that. You are increasing heat which is the arch enemy of the transmission. It acts like a shift kit but doing it electronicly is not the best thing for it.

I like just removing torque managment and that gives the snappier shifts. 3% shouldnt hurt it, but if you are racing it or hard on it I'd leave it at 0%.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I would strongly recommend not doing that. You are increasing heat which is the arch enemy of the transmission. It acts like a shift kit but doing it electronicly is not the best thing for it.

I like just removing torque managment and that gives the snappier shifts. 3% shouldnt hurt it, but if you are racing it or hard on it I'd leave it at 0%.
Jon is right
:sneaky: We did this with my car and the shifts are firm and quick just the way I like it

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Has anyone increased or decreased the shift pressure on their cars using the Predator?

I increased it by 3% and put the car sideways yesterday in the rain.
I was thinking about going to 5% to see what happens.

Has anyone else done it?
if 3% puts you sideways in the rain, wouldn't 5% make you do a 180 or something?? sounds kind of cool, but dangerous if you aren't careful.

·
1,263 Posts
DevilYellow said:

DevilYellow, after installing a shift kit does the pcm need to be tuned for it ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts