LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I read the thread that Howie wrote regarding replacing the stock shifter with an aftermarket one because of the rattle. Anyway, on my way into work this morning I noticed that I can hear a slight vibration type noise from mine once I get into the mid-range RPM's. I was thinking of taking a look at it myself, but I might just have the dealer do it (I have to bring the car in and have my wheels replaced anyway). I am wondering if something has started to work its way loose or something? Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
No vibration noise at all in the ****pit at any RPM's here.
Dan

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DANSLS1 said:
No vibration noise at all in the ****pit at any RPM's here.
Dan
I was doing great here also, until this started. I am in a lot of stop and go traffic and am constantly shifting. Sometimes I get sloppy and have missed a shift on a couple occasions. Not with harddriving mind you, just because of the traffic and watching out for the other person. :)

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
me too....

I am having this problem also. My original shifter had some bubbles near the numbers. The dealer replaced the entire shifter. Now I get the vibration while accelerating unless I keep my hand on the shifter. The dealer is replacing the shifter tomorrow. We will see......

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bronko91 said:
I am having this problem also. My original shifter had some bubbles near the numbers. The dealer replaced the entire shifter. Now I get the vibration while accelerating unless I keep my hand on the shifter. The dealer is replacing the shifter tomorrow. We will see......
That is a bummer that they have to replace the whole unit. I was kinda hoping that it was just something that had worked loose. *sigh*

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Idea

MattSaint said:
That is a bummer that they have to replace the whole unit. I was kinda hoping that it was just something that had worked loose. *sigh*
Wasn't there another thread with an entry saying just that, something had vibrated loose in the shifter, and a simple tightening (and I'm sure a drip of Loctite) fixed the problem? I read them all, and it's hard to keep track....but it shouldn't be too hard to find with the search? :confused:

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Old Goat said:
Wasn't there another thread with an entry saying just that, something had vibrated loose in the shifter, and a simple tightening (and I'm sure a drip of Loctite) fixed the problem? I read them all, and it's hard to keep track....but it shouldn't be too hard to find with the search? :confused:
I did the search and read them all, and they had the shifter replaced just like I am doing.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
bronko91 said:
I did the search and read them all, and they had the shifter replaced just like I am doing.
Rats! Must have been elsewhere. I'll see if I can find it again. This stuff wouldn't happen with a Hurst or a B&M. You'd get engine vibration transmitted alright, but it wouldn't rattle.

·
black/black/m6 in SF bay area
30 Posts
I have the same problem and it is getting worse by the day.

i am on my way to the dealer for that, it is getting very annoying

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
The aussies have dealt with shifter vibration for years. Much good info on the Oz forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts