LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, while changing my oil, I installed the skip-shift eliminator. Those of you who own 6 speeds know all about that annoying solenoid actuated block that forces you from 1st to 4th under certain throttle opening/ RPM conditions. It is a major pain in the ass when you are in stop and go traffic (I live in the second most congested area in the states) and you are not the master of your own shifter. The skip shift eliminator is sold by SLP for about $30 and is easy to install, arrived in 3 days. When your oil is draining, and assuming you jacked up the left side of the car (drivers) slide under the transmission and about a half way down on the drivers side you will see an electrical plug. If in doubt, the plug is white and very similar to the plug on the skip shift eliminator. Take two needle nose pliers with you, if they are 45 or 90 degrees, they will work better. Unplug the connector and insert the eliminator between the two ends, finish with a cable tie through an eyelet nearby. The result is you can shirt from 1st to second with confidence. BTW you can get a great jack, all aluminum for $99 at Costco as well as Mobil 1 5W-30.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Good info, but something that has been covered several hundred times. :p

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
I would spend the 30 on a tune to get rid of it. Besides it's a nusance but it's not like your getting it while on the gas and missing risky shifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts