LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know when the next ship is scheduled to leave Aus? Hopefully mine will be on the next ship out. Thanks in advanced for your coorporation.

:bubbrub

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Jim Hopson was quoted as saying Feb. 20th. It is too early to verify on the Adelaide shipping website. Another 4 days before the 20th shows up.

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
Tails said:
Jim Hopson was quoted as saying Feb. 20th. It is too early to verify on the Adelaide shipping website. Another 4 days before the 20th shows up.
Tails,
no offense to Jim, but you were the keeper of the schedule, do you concur that no NYK auto carriers left Outer Harbour for the big Benician black hole en route to Tacoma?

I was hopin' that wasn't the case and you were just agreeing with Jim on account of your GTO was on dry ground. Mine is confirmed built and bored?, sitting in Adelaide?, waitin' for a ride? as of 1/16/04?

deadbug

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
deadbug said:
Tails,
no offense to Jim, but you were the keeper of the schedule, do you concur that no NYK auto carriers left Outer Harbour for the big Benician black hole en route to Tacoma?

I was hopin' that wasn't the case and you were just agreeing with Jim on account of your GTO was on dry ground. Mine is confirmed built and bored?, sitting in Adelaide?, waitin' for a ride? as of 1/16/04?

deadbug
Tails might have missed a ship or two in there .... no longer the keeper of the schedule :slap:

J.K Tails..........put down the drink ;)

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Tails might have missed a ship or two in there .... no longer the keeper of the schedule :slap:

J.K Tails..........put down the drink ;)
truth is I was just bein' lazy lettin' Tails do the work, when he got his I knew I'd have to go back to my own researchin'. Thought he might be slackin a little. I would too, But also hoped he was wrong, slackin or not.

I guess I'd rather be stuck knowin I'm either waiting on a ship, or waiting on a port. Rather than knowing my car has been here for years, just a couple states away, and no one can find it, :slap: and when the do they are gonna ship it 6 or 7 states east before they turn it around back to WA. :eek: Hu Tails?? So is mine on a ship or are you too busy programming your instrument cluster display.

Or are you really JIM HOPSON in internet disguise, with a beer or two? :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Since the Cosmos Express left on December 29 there has not been a ship listed that was scheduled to go directly to Benicia. Evidently there has been a ship or two that left Adelaide and then went somewhere else before going to Benicia and it is those ones that I have missed. That is what DY is referring to when he says I missed some. Because Benicia has about 8,000 cars in port and can only handle 400 a day I figured Jim's statement made sense in that they were allowing the port to catch up before unloading more cars. The 8,000 numbers is for all types of cars and not just GTO's.

The 6-7 state turnaround that they do is because GM didn't have their act together with the trucks. The dealer showed me the official shipping information that they received from GM. From CA to WA was supposed to be 8 days and by truck. We had a good belly laugh over that one. After all at that point I had mine. Your view of the world changes after you get your car.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got off the phone with Wanda GM's distribution center. There are 2 ships each month but January production was down to only 400 GTO's due to quality issues on the line after holiday start-up. Therefore only one ship during January. Next ship on February 20 will hold 1800 GTO's! This ship is projected to arrive in California on March 11. She said they have made improvements in moving cars by land and it is reasonable to expect delivery in 3 weeks thereafter (around end of March) We will see!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the info. Maybe all this friggin waiting is coming to an end.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Tails said:
:sneaky: Feb. 20!! Auuuuuuuuuuuugh!! As Maxwell Smart said, "Missed it by THAT MUCH!!" My TPW is Feb. 23 so I wonder when the NEXT ship goes out.... hope it isn't a month between ships or something! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts