LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many hp do you see out of shortties and lt? Do they screw up your warranty? Do I take they converters out when iput them on or leave them on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
More questions about headers....

I don't race,auto-cross or anything extreme. My question is, for my application,
is short tube or long tube better? What are the performance differences? If I DO
decide to do more mods, am I better off with short or long tubes? Thanks in advance for any info.:gears:

·
Well "Ventilated" TH400
275 Posts
You can buy LTs with catted mids. They are about three hundred dollars more, but they are available. SLP, and Kooks have LTs with catted mids. I just put a set of Kooks LTs with catless mids, and it does make a difference. Lost a little on the bottom end, but man it pulls hard once it hits 4000 RPM. I need to get it tuned, and that should take care of the slight loss on the bottom end.:burnout:

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
woffman5 said:
You can buy LTs with catted mids. They are about three hundred dollars more, but they are available. SLP, and Kooks have LTs with catted mids. I just put a set of Kooks LTs with catless mids, and it does make a difference. Lost a little on the bottom end, but man it pulls hard once it hits 4000 RPM. I need to get it tuned, and that should take care of the slight loss on the bottom end.:burnout:
sounds exactly like my scenario

1 - 4 of 4 Posts