LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The short throw kit from Australia just arrived today. Picked up my mail and there it is. These Australian companies are on the ball. First, my HSV badges from CAPA, then the shift kit. Have had no problems with any of them so far.

Will post the pics after I have installed it next week.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Next week! come on.. Get'er Done. We want to know...:)

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Let everyone know how it fits. Looking forward to working with one of these kits.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
get er done :thumbs:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
just to let everyone know. Gravana Jim is testing a few different short throw set ups, and i believe that this is one of them. so if it worth having, then he should be selling it shortly. he is also testing the Ripshift.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought from eBay the 6 speed ratio shifter kit that shortens the throws by 40-45% but does not shorten the actual length of the gear shifter knob. Decided against the RipShifter. Too expensive and their website sucks. Couldn't get hold of the owner by international calls.

The throws will be more compact but the "manhood" so to speak will still be the same. After testing it and if I like it, I will stay with the factory knob.

If I decide to "castrate" or "circumcise" it a little bit, then I may buy this other kit from JHP to shorten the knob..

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
desertgoat said:
I bought from eBay the 6 speed ratio shifter kit that shortens the throws by 40-45% but does not shorten the actual length of the gear shifter knob. Decided against the RipShifter. Too expensive and their website sucks. Couldn't get hold of the owner by international calls.

The throws will be more compact but the "manhood" so to speak will still be the same. After testing it and if I like it, I will stay with the factory knob.

If I decide to "castrate" or "circumcise" it a little bit, then I may buy this other kit from JHP to shorten the knob..

ok, let us know how you like it

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
Dumbass question, but can I imply this is a direct bolt in replacement since our cars are the same as the Monaro?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:
Dumbass question, but can I imply this is a direct bolt in replacement since our cars are the same as the Monaro?
yes, the kit SHOULD be a direct bolt in replacement. this is from an ebay seller who said that he is setting up a vendor in florida to import aussie parts.

i can't post the website b/c it will probably get pulled and i have probably annoyed DY enough this month. but im not that impressed with the site. the prices are pretty high when compared to this same kit which can found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482249413&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
yes, the kit SHOULD be a direct bolt in replacement. this is from an ebay seller who said that he is setting up a vendor in florida to import aussie parts.

i can't post the website b/c it will probably get pulled and i have probably annoyed DY enough this month. but im not that impressed with the site. the prices are pretty high when compared to this same kit which can found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482249413&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Thanks. I have no problem buying it from the Aussie on eBay. I also am 99% sure it would be a direct replacement/modification. However, you never know, knowing GM/Pontiac they could change one measly thing inside there and screw up the whole process of a "direct fit" :gr_jest:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:
Thanks. I have no problem buying it from the Aussie on eBay. I also am 99% sure it would be a direct replacement/modification. However, you never know, knowing GM/Pontiac they could change one measly thing inside there and screw up the whole process of a "direct fit" :gr_jest:
yes, i wouldn't be concerned either. he has great customer feedback and he has always been quick to answer my question. i trust him. but i will not be buying yet b/c im hoping to find them cheaper, maybe from a vendor. or i will have to wait a few months and pay the premium

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
yes, i wouldn't be concerned either. he has great customer feedback and he has always been quick to answer my question. i trust him. but i will not be buying yet b/c im hoping to find them cheaper, maybe from a vendor. or i will have to wait a few months and pay the premium
My B&M kit for my 94 RX7 was $180 from Summit. That was on the lower end of the market for them too, and I am very very pleased with it. Therefore, I think $215 isn't really a bad price. My credit card has just began to twist my arm, suppose I will have to order one!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:
My B&M kit for my 94 RX7 was $180 from Summit. That was on the lower end of the market for them too, and I am very very pleased with it. Therefore, I think $215 isn't really a bad price. My credit card has just began to twist my arm, suppose I will have to order one!
plus $40-50 shipping. and remember that this will just short the throw. it will not shorten the shifter. post pics if you get it. we need one of these.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts