LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the skinny on the shorty headers compared to the long tube headers. I know there are pros and cons to both. What I know is that the shorties are an easy install but they lack the increase in power of the LTs. How much more power are the LTs giving compared to the STs.

Let me hear feedback from those who have installed both and let me know if you have real numbers on them! Thanks in advance for the help!

Doc

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
If you listen to GRock, who has the JBA shorties, he's getting 30rwhp, roughly equivalent to what many people on this board with LT's are seeing. Then again, if you do a search for JBA headers, you'll see the credibility that GRock's #'s have.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Well
Stainless Works LT's dyno was 34rwhp, on the other hand JBA headers STs have shown 30 rwhp. i'm not a pro or anything but what i know is, LT's gives you more torque . but ST's is better in top speed. i might be wrong . what do you think guys?

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
From a guy who has JBAs,DON'T DO IT!!Buy LTs and don't waste your money with anything else.People told me JBAs are OK but once you start to mod they just hold you back.Once I put my cam in I realized that now they are holding me back.If you stay stock internals and have to be emission compliant then they do good.If thats your plan then I have a set for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts