LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been kicking around the idea of selling my 2000 SS Camaro. I have looked at some 2002 Z-06 Vettes and actually a couple of 1993-1995 ZR-1's. I only have 14,500 miles on the Camaro and have spent an a considerable amount of money on moding it. Cam, headers, 12 bolt, ect. Would/will you guys sell your F-body. For a new GTO......

·
Registered
529 Posts
My situation was little different. We had a 1997 Anniversary Edition Z28 with every available option. Mod's included: SLP CAI, headers, MAF, Borla Exhaust, Moser's axles, 4.11's and on and on. Also had a 2000 Chrysler LHS and a 1995 Mercury Village for the family. Traded in the Villager and the Z for a loaded 2002 Tahoe LT for the family. Now I want another toy so it's the GTO, hopefully by January. We will still keep the LHS.

Everyone's situation is unique. I can only justify one toy car at a time. If your economic or family situation is different you may be able to justify two toys. My question would be, what is your intent with the GTO? Mod it out like the Camaro or keep it stock? Is it your daily driver or weekend warrior? For me the GTO will be my daily stress reliever. Everyday that I came home from work and the sun was shining I would pull the Z out, take the t-tops off and go for a ride. Sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes an hour or more. I can't wait to get the GTO out in the twisties. We've got some excellent country roads around here with very little traffic. Time to see what she'll really do.

:)

·
SPEED THRILLS!!!!!
68 Posts
"Should I sell the SS"

I am in a somewhat similar position. I (currently) own a 1998 Ford Explorer & a 1996 Trans Am. I have a Impulse Blue/A4 on order at Freehold Pontiac. I am in the process of "trying" to sell the 1996 T/A in order to make room for th GTO. The GTO will replace the T/A and be more "livable" in the process. Not thatI didn't like the T/A as a daily driver, the GTO's 2+2 seating and a real, (although smallish), trunk is a nice addition.

Ray...............

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd sell my F-body for a GTO...if I had the extra 20k to make up the difference:(
I say go for it!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
G'day from Sydney,

Guys you are not gonna' regret selling even a piece of your anatomy that is very dear to you to get your hands on one of these !!
I have the sedan version & I grin whenever I turn the key....
Most Australians just love the shape of the Monaro (as we call it) & I'm certain you guys are gonna' love it too.
Wish we had the exhaust you guys are getting, counts for a few extra hp's but more importantly, the noise !!!

Enjoy

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Thanks Roger. Many of us here are chomping at the bit to get ours.

Unfortunately many here (in the States) don't share the same opinion about it's style. Many are calling it "too bland" from all the pictures they've seen. But I think they'll be highly upset when they see one in person and see it's smooth, rounded, flowing and congruous lines. Why will they be upset? It'll be too late for them to order one. :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
LOL CMNTMXR57, My sentiments exactly.

My situation is easy. I have no toy so I get to start from a clean slate. As far as getting rid of the Camaro. I bet that if you don't get the GTO you will hate yourself worse!!:eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
thxone said:
I have been kicking around the idea of selling my 2000 SS Camaro. I have looked at some 2002 Z-06 Vettes and actually a couple of 1993-1995 ZR-1's. I only have 14,500 miles on the Camaro and have spent an a considerable amount of money on moding it. Cam, headers, 12 bolt, ect. Would/will you guys sell your F-body. For a new GTO......
I am also in the same situation. I bought the new 2004 Grand Prix GTP and ordered the 2004 GTO 2 months later. I don't know if I am going to sell the Grand Prix or use it for daily driving and pull the GTO out on the weekends. Saving the miles on the GTO.
What do you think?

Mitch
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am driving the GTO to work and on weekends and wherever. While I understand keeping the value I am gonna pamper myself. You could always sell the GP and get a 2005 GTO and then save the mileage on the '04 for collectors value. Sounds like the kind of problem we should all have.
:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
My GTO will be a daily driver but I live in a winter wonderland, so keeping my Monte Carlo for winter duty is a must. I have a 1980 Corvette that kind of needs to go now that the goat's on the way. It's a fun ride but I'm running out of room. Feel free to buy it from me!! It's in the cars for sale forum and it's a bargain since she's got to go!! Sure will miss the summer drives with the t-tops off though.......:(

·
Registered
662 Posts
Oh believe me I have more then once considered it. But only if there is a "special edition" like the SS's, and most importantly if it comes in a vert. I love the style of my SS, and also like my wifes GTO, but can't live without the top dropping.
If pontiac comes out with a vert GTO, I am jumping on it.

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Well I vote for the Z06.

the only vs I have seen in the ZR1 was at an Autocross.

The lone ZR1 looked silly even compared to non-Z06 vettes

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
I sold my fbody for my GTO...i was one of the hardest things I ever did (I couldn't bear to watch them drive it away to "used car prep"...). But now that I'm in the goat, I don't regret a thing. As far as the Z06 as an option...If you don't care about an extremely hard and bumpy suspension, and not having a back seat (you never know when you might need to transport a 3rd person), then go for it. My dad had a 2001 for about a year and I can tell you, those cars PULL like nobodies business! But then again...so does the Goat!

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Oh believe me I have more then once considered it. But only if there is a "special edition" like the SS's, and most importantly if it comes in a vert. I love the style of my SS, and also like my wifes GTO, but can't live without the top dropping.
If pontiac comes out with a vert GTO, I am jumping on it.
This topic was resting peacefully and quietly six feet under. Can't believe you guys desecrated its grave and dug it all back up again. The original poster of this topic was never heard from again and got stuck with a grand total of 1 post.....

:gr_jest:

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
id say keep it and buy a GTO if you can swing it, but if not, it all is up to you in the end, if you love the GTO then get it, but if your thinking about it cause its the only GM V8 sports car other then the vette, keep the SS.... from another post that i got into it with a guy asking a simular question, he was only concidering the GTO for the second reason, the SS is a great car too, i know i really didnt answer your question, but maybe gave you some more questions to answer.....

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Steve,

You just answered a question asked over a year ago by a guy who never came back.

Stay out of the evidence locker!

:D

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Yep. I learned about a month ago to look at the dates of the first post. There are a lot of new members because of the incentives and most are smart enough to use the "search" function. They are stirring up all kinds of mud. The Dead Are Rising!..

·
Family Wagon of Fun
9,137 Posts
Yep. I learned about a month ago to look at the dates of the first post. There are a lot of new members because of the incentives and most are smart enough to use the "search" function. They are stirring up all kinds of mud. The Dead Are Rising!..

:bunny:

·
Face full of Peanut Eminems
214 Posts
I got rid of my moddified 2000 TA for an 06 GTO. I do miss the car but only for looks of it. Otherwise the cars power and handling are them same.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.