LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered the views of all the GTO owners wether you feel that youve missed out on option that the aussie car gets, namely

-Rear Parking Sensors
-18 Inch Wheels-
-Option of a Factory Fitted Sunroof
-Side Airbags
-Spolier Delete option

However you guys do get the Bigger Engine, better exhuast( as the ADR's, Aussie Design Rules, make it difficult for a loud sounding car,

just wondering

Cheers

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i would have liked other options but as far as the main one "muscle" i think we got the best one :). i also think those extra bells and whistles would have added to the cost a lot and maybe priced it out past what i wanted to spend. what's the cost (american dollars) for yours?

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Of those, the only one that really might have interested me would have been the spoiler delete. Maybe. I suppose the parking sensor might be helpful at times but I haven't had much trouble there. 18 wheels would make the ride too harsh for my tastes, a sunroof would have cut into my precious headroom (and I have never wanted one anyhow.) I do believe, however, that side airbags should be required standard equipment on every new car sold in the States.

I would really have liked a climate-control system rather than an old-fashioned AC (I got spoiled) and I would have liked coathooks...

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
I might like the yellow accented interior. But what I'd really like is the dual automatic climate control (or more that my wife would like it as she's always cold)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Side air bags for me. Easy to add wheels and take off spoiler. Hey, VZSS, are there sound police in the land of OZ?

·
Registered
523 Posts
VZSS_Freak said:
Just wondered the views of all the GTO owners wether you feel that youve missed out on option that the aussie car gets, namely

-Rear Parking Sensors
-18 Inch Wheels-
-Side Airbags
-Spolier Delete option

However you guys do get the Bigger Engine, better exhuast( as the ADR's, Aussie Design Rules, make it difficult for a loud sounding car,

just wondering

Cheers
Nope.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes ADR rules here , rule out a louder exhaust. Aftermarket and hoping you don't get caught is the only way to go.

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
svede1212 said:
i would have liked other options but as far as the main one "muscle" i think we got the best one :). i also think those extra bells and whistles would have added to the cost a lot and maybe priced it out past what i wanted to spend. what's the cost (american dollars) for yours?
not sure on the cost in US $$$ of ours, but you can check out holden's latest aussie prices on all our models here: www.holden.com.au

i also think that if you had the options you didnt get as std. on your GTO's the cost wouldve been quite a bit more.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I live in Oz, Ive seen old v8's running around with no mufflers, sounding like a machine gun and they obviously got by, other than that extream, the police are most likely to stop Habib in his fart can WRX rather than some mid life crisis Monaro with a modded exhaust. Ive heard some nice sounding ls1's around. There are no emissions tests either.

Adam

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Converting the base price for a CV8-R at $60,991.00 Australian, I get $42,848.81, before offered options. $45,547.79 with all but the towbar.

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
Odin said:
Yes ADR rules here , rule out a louder exhaust. Aftermarket and hoping you don't get caught is the only way to go.
im not sure about stock cars with a note over here how theyd go but pretty much all modified LS1's here go for 4into1 extractors w/ twin 2.5" straight through system. i have tri-Y extractors running into a twin 2.5" into single 3" straight through system on my aussie 5lt and it sounds tuff. yet passes all the laws.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
43K versus 30K

VZSS_Freak said:

-Rear Parking Sensors
-18 Inch Wheels-
-Side Airbags
-Spolier Delete option

just wondering

Cheers
I paid 30K for my GTO. I converted your base Monaro CV8 and got about $43.2K US dollars. That's a price difference of about 13 grand.

So do I feel I missed out on those options mentioned above?

1. I wouldn't want a sunroof anyway in Arizona
2. I wouldn't delete the spoiler. I love mine. Nice to have that extra brake light.
3. So are the other options (rear parking sensors, side air bags, 18 inch wheels) worth 13 thousand US dollars to me?

NOPE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts