LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked my baby up yesterday. Thanks to Jason at Sewell for making this happen as my previous dealer was a pain. He definitely made everything easy.

Has anyone seen a side exhaust kit yet? I thought I remember reading awhile back the Arrowhead was going to make one, but I haven't seen anything on it yet.

·
3,327 Posts
Congrats! I think that Arrowhead is still working on it, but have not heard anything about it in a while.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
spin tech has a cat back that is side outlet, pretty damn cool too added 10hp. HP pontiac this month has an article on catbacks one of which made +28rwhp.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to there website(spintech) but could not find any pics. I'm going to try and find that magazine..

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
GMH GTO said:
spin tech has a cat back that is side outlet, pretty damn cool too added 10hp. HP pontiac this month has an article on catbacks one of which made +28rwhp.
Be advised that the side exhaust from Spintech exits to one side only like the Ford Lightning.

·
Banned
504 Posts
TprGTO said:
Be advised that the side exhaust from Spintech exits to one side only like the Ford Lightning.
Negative, the Spintech exhaust exits on both sides. I'll be posting some more pics and prices on all of the Spintech systems later today. We where waiting till the article came out in HPP. Our GTO has the prototype system on it that many of you have seen. I'll post alot more info on this and the rear exit system later today. Thanks!!

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Howie said:
Negative, the Spintech exhaust exits on both sides. I'll be posting some more pics and prices on all of the Spintech systems later today. We where waiting till the article came out in HPP. Our GTO has the prototype system on it that many of you have seen. I'll post alot more info on this and the rear exit system later today. Thanks!!
For my Dodge Dakota R/T when I bought setup two years ago, they exited to only one side.

·
Banned
504 Posts
TprGTO said:
For my Dodge Dakota R/T when I bought setup two years ago, they exited to only one side.
You're right there I had the Spintech duals on my R/T too and yeah they both exited on the passenger's side like the Lightning. The GTO however has the tips on both sides!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My question is, how good are they at flowing? I know that with the Roush Mustang side exhaust, the piping makes a full 180 degree turn to come out the side and you might even LOOSE a few HP because of this inefficiency....

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Howie said:
You're right there I had the Spintech duals on my R/T too and yeah they both exited on the passenger's side like the Lightning. The GTO however has the tips on both sides!
That is going to look sharp.

·
Banned
504 Posts
GTOkid said:
My question is, how good are they at flowing? I know that with the Roush Mustang side exhaust, the piping makes a full 180 degree turn to come out the side and you might even LOOSE a few HP because of this inefficiency....
With the pre-cat tubing, new cats, X-pipe and the side exit kit we picked up 21hp at the wheels.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Howie said:
With the pre-cat tubing, new cats, X-pipe and the side exit kit we picked up 21hp at the wheels.

howie, when will your site be up? i know i can call for info. but im the kind of person that likes to look at pics, read discriptions, and compare prices. kind of hard to do over the phone/

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
exhaust hp

GMH GTO said:
Which one made the 28 hp?

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
I keep looking for the prices and pics that Howie said he was going to post, what happened?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts