LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this crazy idea to mold some side badges in acrylic and mate them to the factory side repeater base.

To further my quest I am asking those people who have already installed the side repeaters if they will let me borrow their badges.

I need to borrow 1 5.7 side badge and 1 6.0 badge. They are the same left to right so I only need one.

If I manage to destroy them I will of course replace them, and I will pay for shipping to and from.

Hopefully I can make a proper mold and get a clear badge to work. Phase 2 of this endevor is to get the acrylic plastic for the mold

When I get more done and pics I will post for all to see.
Thanks

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies.

None of y'all that have done the repeater mod, would like to help out?

Is there any interest in the badge/lense idea?

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks myred2004gto. I now have a set of 5.7L badges to play with.

I still need to find a source for the acrylic/lexan to melt and mold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Side Repeaters

As I'll have to put the side repeaters in place on my GTO 2006 to meet the European regulations, I'm also considering to put some Amber LED's in the Side Badge;I orderd an extra pair, so that I can fool around. Is someone having a plan or design for this proposal?
Greatings from the Netherlands.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. Right now I am figuring out what mold material is necessary to mold Acrylic (read Lexan or Lucite), then I will make a mold out of the badges I have.

Phase 3 is to get the acrylic, and make the casting. I inted to cut the stock lense off with a bandsaw, then glue the new cast lense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts