LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving the goat to work all week long. So I have had to brave the road construction going on near the house. Even though I have been successful in avoiding the rocks, I have collected a fine layer of dust.

In any event, back to what transpired on my way to work this morning. As I am making my way through the construction zone, I am at a speed slightly less than the posted limit. I notice a car coming up on me fast, and am curious to know what's behind me. I can see the headlights and foglights blazing, and figured it would be another G35 or something equally unimpressive.

So there I am sitting at an intersection, MMOB, when I notice that the car behind me is a black Charger. It pulled up next to me on the passenger-side at the light. I suspect that this guy is going to want to beat me to the interstate on-ramp because he knows that his lane will end and he will have to merge left before getting on the interstate. The light turns from red to green and we are off...not going fast at all because of the left-hand turn that we have to make. I beat the Charger to the on-ramp because I do not have to slow to make the turn (thumbs up for the GTO's handling). Once on the on-ramp I see that he is coming fast trying to get around me. That is when I stepped on the loud pedal and jumped up to over 100 MPH while simultaneously leaving the Charger in my dust. I ended up dropping my speed to within legal and waited for the flyby that never came. I had to slow to below the posted speed limit for the Charger to finally pass me. That is when I spotted the SRT8 badge on the rear. I could be wrong, but after the failed charge, the driver of the Charger was no longer interested in trying the goat on for size.

It certainly was a fine way to start the day!

-K

·
Silver street surfer
291 Posts
Good kill! I hate that, especially when you're on a 2 lane left turn and the guy on the outside lane disrespects you by thinking he can overtake you on the outside lane? LOL

·
Registered
582 Posts
these kill stories are funny as hell. this one is particularly well written and described. it's as if i'm reliving the event with you because i can see nearly perfectly what the scenario looked like, as i've done similar road maneuvers over and over again (merging onto highways, getting into left turn lane under a bridge to get to the merge ramp, etc..)

great kill story. very hilarious.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
Silly Rabbi....

That's an OLD joke.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Very Good :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts