LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
jwalther
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a post on another forum about how bad GM Silver and Black paint is. Those are my top two color options. Anything to be concerned about?

Jeff

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Over 8700 miles and the Phantom Black (Zainoed) is still magnificent. This is my first black car and I do find that I have to wash it more often to keep it looking good.
:drink::drink:

·
duh
1,214 Posts
First time I heard this, so far I haven't had any problems with the silver.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a silver and have zainoed it - no problems what-so-ever. It looks great at 6100 miles...soon to be in hibernation for the winter though.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
jwalther said:
Read a post on another forum about how bad GM Silver and Black paint is. Those are my top two color options. Anything to be concerned about?

Jeff
i have some white spots. that i cant identify. they might be just chips from stuff bouncing off. i can't tell. not a HUGE deal. but still annoying.

·
Registered
140 Posts
jwalther said:

Jeff
My GTO is silver, and it's been zainoed a few times and has 6800 miles and it looks great. No paint chips (only under the front air dam where I scraped a cement thing in the parking lot one time...you can only see it from underneath)

I currently have 2 black GM cars. Just posted about my Tahoe with paint bubbles that lead to body cancer, but I think that's more of a leak from somewhere than the paint. Water still beads after 208,000 miles! I had it detailed only once - it's a '96 and besides the gray bondo patches for the moment, it looks great.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I'm guessing you read my post on nag in response to somebody questioning about the silver? I have heard of problems w/ ibm and black - although they seem mostly limited to early production cars. My car will be repainted in a few years (I'm already coming up with graphics ideas in my head) but it's as much because of idiots as the actual paint job. There are some thin spots w/ poor coverage - but the kickers are the scratch to plastic in the rear fascia from somebody hitting it and the door ding that caused a huge white primer mark in the door. The other problem discussion can be found if you search cmntmxr and paint here.
Dan

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
My GTO is silver ( zaino'd ) as well. No problems. All paint, regardless of color, will fade and become brittle ( much easlier to chip) if its not properly protected from mother nature. I've used Zaino for years and all my cars, and their paint finishes have always looked better then the day I brought them home. Regardless of color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts