LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GTO gets 600hp Procharged GOAT!

I will let forum member ??????? stand in and tell you guys about it but the first Procharged D1 GTO will roll out of MDMC in about 2.5 weeks. It was nice to meet you today Fred hope the drive home wasnt to long.

OpticZ
MDMC
www.moderndaymusclecars.com

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
2.5 weeks is alot for me :banghead: . at least give us some details man :cry:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dark said:
2.5 weeks is alot for me :banghead: . at least give us some details man :cry:
:secret: :secret: :secret: He will tell ya soon Im sure.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Why am I not surprised? ;)

Since I let him drive mine, he's gotta let me drive his once done, right Sean? :)

All I can say is: watch out! :cool: :D

Padre

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Why am I not surprised? ;)

Since I let him drive mine, he's gotta let me drive his once done, right Sean? :)

All I can say is: Memphis, watch out! :cool: :D

Padre
padre, we expect to see some vids of you two racing :)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Sick, absolutely sick.

I wanna see some FoMoCo roasting vids :hail:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You guys are killing me!

I need to be the first for everything and here is ANOTHER GTO with a blower on it already. :(

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
whiffer said:
hurry Silver Moose! Hurry
yes yes yes..........we need more details........... :banghead: :banghead: :hail:

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
yes yes yes..........we need more details........... :banghead: :banghead: :hail:
Maybe he's having trouble getting traction with the stock tires. Doing burn outs ever few seconds while driving on the highway because he accidentally hits the gas too hard.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FATCYAT said:
you can't leave us haning like that optic! come on man......

OK the kit will be a custom MDMC GTO D-1 Procharger kit, with 8 pounds of boost and a 3 core single air to air intercooler and MDMC custom Long tube headers, with a 3,100 rpm stall converter. We will be looking for 600hp to 610hp which we have done many many times before so this will be no different.

MDMC
OpticZ

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Opticz06 said:
OK the kit will be a custom MDMC GTO D-1 Procharger kit, with 8 pounds of boost and a 3 core single air to air intercooler and MDMC custom Long tube headers, with a 3,100 rpm stall converter. We will be looking for 600hp to 610hp which we have done many many times before so this will be no different.

MDMC
OpticZ
all on a stock rear end and everything else stock?? Also if possible what kind of price are we talking about? PM me if you would not post.....So this thing is going to be putting down 500+rwhp? :hail: :hail:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
8 Lbs boost seems pretty agressive if the stock CR and internals are retained.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
As long as pre-detonation is controlled, it can be run. That's why tuning is soo key.

Pre-detonation is the killer in any engine. You can be as aggressive as you want in terms of boost or maximum compression ratio (provided the gas you use can support it too) as long as you precisely tune out pre-detonation.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Assuming the tune is dialed in, what about the longer term effect of all that HP on the stock rods/crank/journals?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts