LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who offers the highest quality single DIN adapter for our cars? I've seen a few that don't really match our color very well. I want it to look as close to stock as possible. Thanks!

·
RIP George...
2,163 Posts
But the kit from AI(American International) and sand it down smooth. then paint it with Krylon Flat Black (1613 I think) and it will look very close to the stock trim. It's not a perfect match but it's close.

·
.. .. .. ..
1,025 Posts
AI kit is the best one out there for a single din.

·
Registered
528 Posts
This is the Scosche kit that comes free with an order from Crutchfield. Their part number is 142GM1596B.

It looks really grainy in the picture but in reality you can hardly tell the difference. However, if you do look closely it is visible that the structure on the kit is rougher. Personally it does not disturb me. The kit has two holes in the lower cubicle part (inside at the back corners) that might be practical to slide a wire through for an ipod or something in this direction. It is an ISO mount not a DIN mount, that's what the installer said but I didn't really understand the difference except that it seems to involve a different position of the screws. Nonetheless the Alpine mounted just fine.

Till

Attachments

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
What about a double single din? I want to put my navigation unit below my head unit. Does anyone offer that?

·
Mechanical Engineer
19 Posts
Does Installer.com sell the AI kit

Where is the best place to buy the kit from? Also does anyone have the diagram for the wiring harness? Last but not least, where is the best place to get the steering wheel control and how hard is it to wire up?

·
Smashing the Pumpkin....
86 Posts
My metra kit worked out fairly nice....still debating on if I will sand it down or not...

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
Ok, well I just ordered this scosche single din kit. I'm sure i'll have pics up soon...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Why do you want to put the navi kit that low, if you don't mind me asking? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it as high as possible so you don't have to take the eyes off the street?

With the holes in the back at least wiring should be easy. But probably you have to cut out the lower part anyway.

Mine holds up fine so far. I really like the extra storage spece I got. I put my glasses there.

Till

1 - 12 of 12 Posts