LS1GTO Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Clear out all that equipment and you could probably fit another 2 cars in there...
Well then what would I do when there’s two cars in there? No equipment, no workey on cars lol.

We are thinking about selling our house and if I do, I’m gonna build a 30x60 shop and put a lift in it. Wife has been looking for land because I need room for all my shit. Plus I need to add a car trailer to my collection. I can’t right now because I have no room.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have been working on it. However, noting really looks much different because I keep repositioning the turbo. It wasn’t quite where I wanted it and angled correctly. I think I got it where I want now. I’m getting close to welding it all up.
This is from the bottom looking up into the turbo discharge, the hole I cut on the inner fender in front of the wheel house

More room between the turbine and inner fender

More clearance here too

·
Worthless reject member
40,979 Posts
Well then what would I do when there’s two cars in there? No equipment, no workey on cars lol.

We are thinking about selling our house and if I do, I’m gonna build a 30x60 shop and put a lift in it. Wife has been looking for land because I need room for all my shit. Plus I need to add a car trailer to my collection. I can’t right now because I have no room.
Man you gotta stop taking me seriously, lol.

Pole barn with a nice cement floor sounds awesome...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Crap. I gotta update this tonight. I had to move to turbo again, I got it where I want now. I welded up the wastegate port flange last night. My welds are definitely getting better.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Aight. I’m back at it. Been slacking. Life stuff. So I got the manifold mocked up how I want it.

Now it’s time to start welding stuff up. Here’s the flange for the turbo.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Time to separate the log from the tubes

So now it got interesting. Last time I did this, it was a long drawn out process getting the holes cut. This stainless is kinda thick and hard to cut with a hole saw. So a little while back I bought a plasma cutter. Well I’m glad I did. Cuz holy chit this thing cut all five holes in about 10 minutes instead of 10 days. Lol.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
What tha hell. I suck. I though I was further along in this thread. I haven’t been updating it. Sorry. Lemme get it caught up. So I finished the log manifold. It turned out killer. Better than the one on my car.
Here’s the manifold done.

Here’s the downpipe

In the car

·
Registered
358 Posts
What tha hell. I suck. I though I was further along in this thread. I haven’t been updating it. Sorry. Lemme get it caught up. So I finished the log manifold. It turned out killer. Better than the one on my car.
Here’s the manifold done.

Here’s the downpipe

In the car

theres no pictars

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Here’s the turbo mounted. I’m going to take more pics today because evidently I didn’t take good ones.

I had to build this to join the single outlet of the downpipe to the dual exhaust. What a bitch. You’ll see why

Not sure why but I thought I had plenty of room. I test fit it, hit the trans crossmember. Shit. Had to cut it back apart and shorten it.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Now I have to finish off the downpipe to exhaust connection. I actually did all this yesterday. I got da ‘rona do I’m home all week. Ima try and knock this out. I got shit I need to do to my car so this one gotta go soon.

so we still pretty tight under the car. This guy put 4 mufflers on the car. It was so loud and he didn’t like that. It’s go two dual in/out mufflers where the drive shaft is then it’s got a muffler on each side at the back bumper. He wanted the tips to fit flush with the bumper but when I shift the exhaust forward I have no room up front and it puts everything in a bind. So when I’m done I gotta cut the tips off and move em in. Sheesh this is a lot of work because I got to have things just right.

I started cutting a bunch of pie cuts. I love using pie cuts because pre bends just usually don’t put things where I need them. But it’s a lot of work!

And welded together. You’ll see what this is for in a sec

so here’s where I need to make a turn. Oddly I lucked out in the end when joining together because it lined all up perfect. That NEVER happens. Lol

You can see why I needed to make this turn.

Aaaand the finished result. I’m very happy with clearance and fitment.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
now they show up. idk. i reloaded the page a few times.

looks slick. wheres the xover tube? am i missing it?
the crossover goes under the car. There’s a shorty header on the passenger side and the pipe goes in the area where the trans and engine bolt up. Then it goes into the rear of the log. I’m getting started on that in the next couple days. I’m working on intercooler piping right now. Actually moving things around to get the piping snaked through.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts