LS1GTO Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
might be a dumb question but how is the maf tuned when used as a blown through? just curious. its still same hz tables so what gives it a boost reference?

VE would be easier since it has the expanded table?
MAF doesnt really care, it just sees more or less air. It's up to the tuner to tell the ecu how much fuel/spark to give it for any MAF reading.

But a smaller pipe will generate higher readings so it will max things out prematurely, and bends or anything that will cause turbulence at the sensor can affect readings badly too.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
MAF doesnt really care, it just sees more or less air. It's up to the tuner to tell the ecu how much fuel/spark to give it for any MAF reading.

But a smaller pipe will generate higher readings so it will max things out prematurely, and bends or anything that will cause turbulence at the sensor can affect readings badly too.
Yea i thought about that....really dont have any choice where to put it. What can I do?

·
Registered
422 Posts
It would be better if you lost the BOV at that location, made that section of straight pipe all the same diameter and put the MAF closer to the centre of the straight section.

Just means you need somewhere else for the BOV, or don't fit one at all.

·
baaaad 2 the bone
2,170 Posts
SD all the way. MAF will always be a limiting factor IMO. Great build man.

Reactions: Kfxguy

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
SD all the way. MAF will always be a limiting factor IMO. Great build man.
I agree. The tuner said no maf in it, hes not tuning it. I told the guy I'd tune it and he was ok with it, but days later I realized i'm over whelming myself and if i dont draw a line somewhere, it'll never end. I got jobs lined up and this on needs to go. So I was gonna let someone else handle the tuning. I will probably end up tuning it tho.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts