LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to have been able to track down my GTO at Fairfax Kansas Rail yard thanks to Ed. The frustrating thing now is that the car has been sitting there since the third, and waiting for enough cars to arrive before shipping out to NY. This is almost as frustrating as not knowing where in transit it was, because the car has been idle for four days. Instead, the car could have been in transit.
Can't wait to lay eyes on her, turn the key, and bring her home.
To all those Ricers....Should have had a V8.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine arrived there on the 3rd also. It was loaded yesterday and the train left this morning. I would say by the weekend your goat with be on the rails again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
TprGTO,

My car is sitting in Fairfax also ........ since last Friday. I called Union Pacific today and they said its waiting for enough other cars to fill a rail car before they ship it to Lordstown, OH.

When will the torture end?

Bobp16 :mad:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
As torturous as it is at least you know why they are waiting. That is an improvement of some sort....
:drink: :drink:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not know about the ice storm. Thanks for the info Bobp16.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
POOK said:
Tails, Will your car be sent to Kansas before heading North?
Good question. There was one purple goat railed to Kansas that was headed for Kirkland Washington which is about 40 miles north of me. Now I figure from Benicia CA to the Seattle area is about 750 miles. From Benicia to Kansas it is about 1200 or so and from Kansas to Seattle area it is about 1600. (Those are just guesses I am using to make a useless point)That means that particular car will go 2800 miles instead of 750. Now a normal person would figure that was a waste but riddle me this batman. If I ship a package overnight from Seattle to Portland Oregon by FedEx or UPS how does it go? Does it go 180 miles from Seattle to Portland or does it go through Louisville? The answer is that it goes through Louisville.

Bottom line is I have no clue where my car is located or how it will get here. The nice thing is that Jim Hopson emailed me today to let me know that he would try and find it for me.

:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tails,
Have you any hair left, if you had any to start with I woulda thunk you'd pulled it all out by now!
This message is being sent with my whole hearted sympathy!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Please do not call for Batman without using the appropriate bat signal. Thank you.

·
Registered
835 Posts
mine has been at kc since dec 30th, the thing is Union Pacific isn't sure if it is even going to get on another train or take a truck to Wisconsin. The whole thing doesn't make any sense to me since I know at least two trains have left kc for Janesville since the 30th and my car wasn't on them. uuuugggghhhh!!

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I spoke with the UP rep on the phone earlier today, I asked him how long would the train take approximately to reach it's destination in New York from KC. He stated 7 or 8 days from when the train departs KC. Just wanted to give you all an idea of a delivery time frame according to UP, as a reference for all us with GTO's stuck in Fairfax limbo.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I looked into my crystal ball and it told me exactly when my GTO is going to arrive at my dealer, 1/24. That's one day after I fly to San Juan for a seven day cruise

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I spoke with the UP rep a few minutes ago. Even he was surpised the cars have not shipped out yet. He thought they would be shipped out today.....And the waiting continues.......

·
Registered
287 Posts
When mine gets to Kansas City it will be loaded that day and at the dealer that night --Dealer is 12 mi away HeeeeeeeeHeeeeeee

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day 6 in Fairfax has come and gone.....

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Mine spent a little less than a week in Fairfax. It's now on its way or already in St. Louis to go on a CSX train to Lordstown. The UPRR rep (very helpful and courteous) stated that depending on destination, it may take a while to get up a full rail car. In some cases, rail cars were waiting for additional vehicles manufactured in KC to round out a load to a particular destination.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts