LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 421 Bobcat went 12.63 at 109.38 on Drag Radials during last Thursday's track session. Our heavy-duty, adjustable rear sway bar (which should be available soon) does wonders for traction. The car should be even quicker once we install the long-tubes (it's got our mid-lengths on it at the moment) and after the weather cools down a bit.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Excellent!!! Rear sway bar.......I must buy more lotto tickets.....
:drink::drink:

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
All these mods and so little cash :eek2:
Man I am never going to get a new house built :banghead:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Outstanding results. Nice to see the 421 live up to it's heritage. I seem to remember that Jim Wangers confessed some time ago that the original Car and Driver test 1964 GTO had a 421 slipped in.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Mmmmm, nice times. That is a great package. Hood looks pretty good too. I was skeptical at first but at least that angle looks good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
DevilYellow said:
The 421 Bobcat went 12.63 at 109.38 on Drag Radials during last Thursday's track session. Our heavy-duty, adjustable rear sway bar does wonders for traction.
What was the 60 ft?

How much is the sway bar?

Does it hurt the handling?

Thanks

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Isnt this the same car that ran 13.1/13.0 before it got a 421? Good numbers but the lack of MPH and ET for a 421 LS1 is kinda blah :zzz:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I thought it was pretty respectable. I don't know what they ran prior to the 12.6 as far as mph but I would imagine it would have to shoot up 5 or 6mph all things being equal.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
GTPprix said:
Isnt this the same car that ran 13.1/13.0 before it got a 421? Good numbers but the lack of MPH and ET for a 421 LS1 is kinda blah :zzz:
It doesn't have a 421ci engine, dunno why they called it 421 it, the SLP bobcat has all SLP bolt ons and tuning (catback, headers, underdrive pulley, MAF).

and a thicker rear sway bar, people laughed 6 months ago when I said a thicker rear sway bar would help traction.

edit: has SLP 1.8 rocker arms too.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Ah if it's not 421 CID thats pretty damn good :) I was thinking it was a 421 CID setup, I was like WTF?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
GTPprix said:
I'm guessing 421 horsepower :)
yeah, that could be.

but isn't that sort of a silly way to name a car. i mean, if they make one change and the power changes, then it wouldn't be 421 anymore. ya know?

i was thinking maybe it was like the 442s (4 carbs, 4 speed, 2 exhaust). but for the life of me i can't think of what 421 would represent.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
yeah, that could be.

but isn't that sort of a silly way to name a car. i mean, if they make one change and the power changes, then it wouldn't be 421 anymore. ya know?

i was thinking maybe it was like the 442s (4 carbs, 4 speed, 2 exhaust). but for the life of me i can't think of what 421 would represent.
MDMC names its packages the same way so I can't say that's a bad way to name the cars anymore.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
phobos512 said:
MDMC names its packages the same way so I can't say that's a bad way to name the cars anymore.
yes, but the MDMC is an actual package. i mean, with the 510 package you get this intake, this exhuast, etc etc.

but i still have not heard of SLP calling the 421 a "package" yet. it seems that they are just calling their project car "The 421 Bobcat". just like AP has the "Tiger GTO", etc. but maybe i am wrong.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
yes, but the MDMC is an actual package. i mean, with the 510 package you get this intake, this exhuast, etc etc.

but i still have not heard of SLP calling the 421 a "package" yet. it seems that they are just calling their project car "The 421 Bobcat". just like AP has the "Tiger GTO", etc. but maybe i am wrong.
It may very well be that the package simply hasn't been announced yet. You never know.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Yes you are wrong, it is sold as a package w/ embelms and all. The package includes:

Mass-Air-Flow Sensor
Loudmouth or Power-flow exhaust system
Underdrive Pulley
1.85 Ratio Rocker-Arm Package(rockers, heavy duty valve springs, titanium retainers, and keepers)
Mid Length Headers (with your choice of cats or race pipes)
Custom PCM tune

IIRC, last time I spoke w/ Joey they were running no cats and a loudmouth in their kit.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
gtodoug said:
Yes you are wrong, it is sold as a package w/ embelms and all. The package includes:

Mass-Air-Flow Sensor
Loudmouth or Power-flow exhaust system
Underdrive Pulley
1.85 Ratio Rocker-Arm Package(rockers, heavy duty valve springs, titanium retainers, and keepers)
Mid Length Headers (with your choice of cats or race pipes)
Custom PCM tune

IIRC, last time I spoke w/ Joey they were running no cats and a loudmouth in their kit.
ah, ok. thanks for the info. did they give a price?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
No, I am a SLP distributor/authorized installation center here at my dealership. We got the specs about a month ago but they don't list a package price. All the parts can be sold individually though. You can look it up on their website.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts