LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came today to the job. They sent it COD, but I didn't know it was coming and forgot to have accounting cut the check. It will be redelivered tomorrow morning and hopefully installed in the afternoon. I should have pics and video for you guys. :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
gtodoug said:
It came today to the job. They sent it COD, but I didn't know it was coming and forgot to have accounting cut the check. It will be redelivered tomorrow morning and hopefully installed in the afternoon. I should have pics and video for you guys. :)
SWEET. i think you are the first person to actually have one and install it. (or maybe nobody else has said anything).

im sure it will sound awesome. but unfortunately for those of who are still stock, it will not represent what it will sound like for the rest of. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know but at least you get to see it mounted on the car and hear it a little. I'm sure it will sound pretty good. Heck, the stocker sounds pretty badass now. I begged my SLP rep to ship mine out the minute he was able to so I might be the first one. Look for pics tomorrow night.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Is this the LoudMouth or the PowerFlo?

EDIT

Found a post that said you pre-ordered the PowerFlo. Do let us know how this sounds / dynos (I know you're modded a bit but still will be way interesting :) )

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
phobos512 said:
Is this the LoudMouth or the PowerFlo?

EDIT

Found a post that said you pre-ordered the PowerFlo. Do let us know how this sounds / dynos (I know you're modded a bit but still will be way interesting :) )
haha, i wonder how obnoxiously loud the Loudmouth would have been? i guess we will never know

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have that for you as well. My boss has a similar setup car and he went for the loudmouth.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes..Just received mine today too... I opened the box with eagerness... The best part of this system is the mufflers (it is the powerflo). They are polished with SLP etched on them. I'm going to do the install tomorrow, actually today now, since I work at 3. I will try and get sound clips..

·
Registered
193 Posts
gtodoug said:
We should meet up somewhere so I can hear it :secret:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Congrats.

I'm curious to see how this sounds.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RemoteControlD said:
We should meet up somewhere so I can hear it :secret:

Just PMme and let me know, I'm always up to meet a forum member a shoot the ....

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I would like to know how this Loudmouth compares in sound level to the F-Body Loudmouth.

If it's too loud, I may replace the bullets with DynoMax mufflers which was something commonly done in the F-Body camp. They called it the DynoMouth.

·
DOG
626 Posts
doug, glad to hear the exhaust is in. I think you'd do better with long tubes as well. Has that code reappeared at all since we got it tuned up? How's it been handling?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did read about that cmnt, that's why I chose the powerflow hoping it would quiet it down.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeff! Long time no speak. Here is what's going on. The exhaust is here. Still waiting on the CS tube. I ordered the LT's already. They should be here in 10-12 days. ASP pulley is getting installed on Sat. When the tube gets here, I'll go ahead and head back up to you guys for a re-tune. I think I'm going to go with the FAST intake 90mm intake/tb combo and we can retune from there. The code has not reared it's ugly face again. I'm hoping for 425rwhp with the intake.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Fortunately I've always been a fan of DynoMax, so I'd like to hear the results with those mufflers anyway.

I don't know why SLP doesn't sell it this way from the get go since it was such a popular change. Make 3 choices. Their bullets, DynoMax bullets, and the Powerflo's.

·
DOG
626 Posts
gtodoug said:
Jeff! Long time no speak. Here is what's going on. The exhaust is here. Still waiting on the CS tube. I ordered the LT's already. They should be here in 10-12 days. ASP pulley is getting installed on Sat. When the tube gets here, I'll go ahead and head back up to you guys for a re-tune. I think I'm going to go with the FAST intake 90mm intake/tb combo and we can retune from there. The code has not reared it's ugly face again. I'm hoping for 425rwhp with the intake.
Great, if your heading back up here for sure, I'll start working on your last tune and get those spark tables cleaned up. They are quite messy by my standards (I've got a very nice set of 2d curves :) ) but definitely adequate. Just something that takes about 4 hours of work to do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldnt mess with the fast intake. It really isnt worth the money unless you are going FI or you have a big stroker. Id put your money into gears, and maybe a lighter flywheel/clutch combo.

The LS6 intake is a really good intake.

·
Registered
188 Posts
powerflo installed

Just finished putting the powerflo system on.. A few things I would change about the directions: Install the rubber hanger mounts on the pipes, not on the car; there is new gaskets between the x-pipe and the cats that come with the exhaust.

This thing is loud.I have the random tech cats on which probably changes things, but this thing sounds like the loudmouth system that f-body's have. Personally, I love the sound, it is deep and powerfull. The only worry is that when my headers come, it would be too loud. I can't imagine what the loudmouth would sound like. I have some pics(damn camera was on night mode or something).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can't get my sound/video clips on there.. They are on mpg format and are about 5mb each. I don't have a website, so if anybody has a way to put these up let me know.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts