LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the exhust! My only concern is that it drones extremely badly at 2-3k. I may have to change mufflers or somthing becasue it's very harsh. Other than that I could not be happier. Those of you considering the loudmouth for a stock car, probably would want to reconsider and get a power-flo. I have a H/C car and still retain cats and I'm going to have to do something.

Here is a little vid I put together last night. There is not much to see but you can hear everything ok. Post comments!!

SLP Power-Flow exhaust

·
Registered
23 Posts
dumb question for ya'.

Who is SLP? I notice you use a lot of their parts in your upgrades

gtodoug said:
I love the exhust! My only concern is that it drones extremely badly at 2-3k. I may have to change mufflers or somthing becasue it's very harsh. Other than that I could not be happier. Those of you considering the loudmouth for a stock car, probably would want to reconsider and get a power-flo. I have a H/C car and still retain cats and I'm going to have to do something.

Here is a little vid I put together last night. There is not much to see but you can hear everything ok. Post comments!!

SLP Power-Flow exhaust

·
Registered
138 Posts
SLP is a parts manufacturer, they are listed on the vendors list to the left of the screen. I would love to get some of their parts for my car, but they won't ship anything to me.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
moanairoh said:
dumb question for ya'.

SLP is a sponsor/vendor to the left.

Doug... that sounds badass. Looking to hear what others have to say.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
even a BIG WOW is not even close enough for that sound!

man i can't wait anymore tell my stuff get shipped.. you know what i'm talkin about doug ;) :gr_devil:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
****IN SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! damn that is just WOW

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running a 234*/228* cam .576/.576 113lsa. I'm not cutting the cats out, I'm getting rid of the Shorties, putting SW LT's/pulley/CS tube/ 90mm Fast intake&TB. My goal is 440-450whp.

·
BIG G
278 Posts
Gtodoug That Clip Is Sweet. I Am Suprised Though That Your Car Isn't Making More Power With All The Mods.

·
Registered
113 Posts
gtodoug said:
I'm running a 234*/228* cam .576/.576 113lsa. I'm not cutting the cats out, I'm getting rid of the Shorties, putting SW LT's/pulley/CS tube/ 90mm Fast intake&TB. My goal is 440-450whp.
i dont think that is a hard goal to achieve for you, just curious, why did you choose a reverse split cam? and do you think the lt will lose some of your drone?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
moanairoh said:
dumb question for ya'.

SLP which stands for "Street Legal Performance" was an aftermarket supplier contracted by GM to build their special edition F-Bodies through the late 80's and into the early 90's Many Firebird FireHawk's were the children of SLP. Later in 1996, SLP was the actual manufacturer of the SS packages on Camaro's. GM would send them Z28's and they would SS'ify them and send them back.

In 1998, GM took production of the SS's back in house and SLP remained doing special edition cars and selling their aftermarket parts to us individually.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
That was it in a Cliff Notes version.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Yep, SLP started in mid-late 80's by Ed Hamburger. Of Hamburger oil pan fame. Hooked up with GM and offered a dealer installed bolt on package. Then in '91 made the Firebird Firehawk. They made all the Firehawks from '91-02. In '96 and '97, they converted the WS6. ''98-02 WS6's were made by ASC. 96 also reintroduced the SS, which they converted until '02. Then came GTX Grand Prix's and Ford offerings. During all this, also had a little aftermarket thing going.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Rob said:
Yep, SLP started in mid-late 80's by Ed Hamburger. Of Hamburger oil pan fame. Hooked up with GM and offered a dealer installed bolt on package. Then in '91 made the Firebird Firehawk. They made all the Firehawks from '91-02. In '96 and '97, they converted the WS6. ''98-02 WS6's were made by ASC. 96 also reintroduced the SS, which they converted until '02. Then came GTX Grand Prix's and Ford offerings. During all this, also had a little aftermarket thing going.
I take it the ASC you're referring to is not American Sunroof Corporation?

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Yes, American Sunroof Corp.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, I forgot about ASC. They had some cool Trans Am's in the 80's. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts