LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone post this yet?

Looking for the ultimate GTO cat-back system? SLP's new GTO Loud Mouth employs an integral X-pipe crossover and specially designed "Shotgun" race mufflers to provide superior flow and performance, while minimizing interior resonance. The resulting tone is deep, rich, and powerful-the consummate fusion of muscle-car aggression and grand-touring civility. Like all SLP exhaust systems, the GTO Loud Mouth is hand-built from 100 percent stainless steel and carries a limited lifetime warranty.

Features
Constructed entirely from mandrel-bent 304 stainless steel (2.5" OD)
Equipped with an integral X-pipe crossover for optimum performance and sound quality
Custom-designed "Shotgun" race mufflers provide virtually unrestricted exhaust flow
Features two hand-polished, double-wall tips
Designed to OEM standards of fit and durability
Covered by our limited lifetime warranty
Priced significantly less than competitors' stainless systems
Projected Date of Availability: July 30

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?PARTNUMBER=31060&SHOWIMAGE=Off&SHOWEMAIL=Off

·
Registered
103 Posts
:thumbs: Great Question!!

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Huh?

speed_demon_freak said:
Why buy a GTO when you already have a car?
That comparison is apples to oranges. The stock GTO exhaust is awesome.
Believe me I would be the first to swap out the exhaust like I did on
my 97Z28. That stock exhaust blew. This is totally different. This is a true
duel exhaust and the rumble is totally bad. I'm not saying don't get it. If you
want it go for it.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Why buy a GTO when you already have a car?
LOOOL good point, i just got an email with these specs from SLP, i sent them an e-mail requesting recorded sound of these cat-back :cool:
we aint ganna buy it befor we hear it right?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yellow Jacket M6 I'm not trying to start any thing here with you but if you already have a good exhaust that flows nice and sounds nice, wouldn't you like one that flows better and sounds better with more HP gains?

I know I do. I'm very happy with the factory exhaust but if I can get a better one that will work with future mods then I want one.

JMO.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
It's cool Speed Demon

speed_demon_freak said:
Yellow Jacket M6 I'm not trying to start any thing here with you but if you already have a good exhaust that flows nice and sounds nice, wouldn't you like one that flows better and sounds better with more HP gains?

I know I do. I'm very happy with the factory exhaust but if I can get a better one that will work with future mods then I want one.

JMO.
I'm just a bit gun shy on these GTO aftermarket mods. Many of them are not
improving performace ie CAI systems, etc. SLP does not list any HP gains
and they have no sound bite to listen to. For future modding yes it can help
there. I didn't in anyway think you were starting something. This is
good back and forth of thought. Sorry if I sounded critical. :)

·
710 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
I'm just a bit gun shy on these GTO aftermarket mods. Many of them are not
improving performace ie CAI systems, etc. SLP does not list any HP gains
and they have no sound bite to listen to. For future modding yes it can help
there. I didn't in anyway think you were starting something. This is
good back and forth of thought. Sorry if I sounded critical. :)
SLP claims that it gains 10hp on the rear wheels.

this is part of the e-mail i got yesterday "Features
- Constructed entirely from mandrel-bent 304 stainless steel (2.5" OD)
- Equipped with an integral X-pipe crossover for optimum performance
and sound quality
- Custom-designed "Shotgun" race mufflers provide virtually
unrestricted exhaust flow
- Worth up to 10 rear-wheel hp over the factory system
- Features two hand-polished, double-wall tips
- Designed to OEM standards of fit and durability
- Covered by our limited lifetime warranty
- Priced at only $599.95-significantly less than competitors'
stainless systems"

·
710 Posts
Blitzu said:
See, that is the thing tha get's to me, I can not justify spending $600 for 10HP. I can see spending $800 for headers that give 30HP, or a $1000 cam that could give upto 50HP, and top it off spending $1500 on a good set of heads for another 50HP. But not 10 for $600. Headers will suit the exhaust fine IMHO. If you are really that worried about the exhaust spend $150 for a cut-out and enjoy the best of two worlds. If I saw 20HP with the exhaust Id say worth it, but I got just over 10RWHP from my speedinc induction and that was only $130.

I guess you could call me cheap, but I like to spend the right amount of money for the right amount of HP. The good thing about that whole thing is the stainless steel, you never have to worry about rust at least.
everyone tells his opinion, and i respect that :) . btw what kind of induction that gave you 10hp? was that on the dyno? and where did you get it from?

·
Been here for a long time...
4,662 Posts
The exhaust on the GTO is pretty good as is BUT could be better. Especially when you start modding the car you'll see how restrictive that exhaust will become. The pipes are too small when the power really starts ramping up. The SLP cat back or any cat back really, will really start to shine when you are pushing more air in and it needs to go out. IE, heads, cam, intake, headers, etc.

If you don't mod the car, yes its a mild increase and will seem expensive for the power it gives you. But if you mod, that 10 rwhp(stock) turns into 20-30 rwhp.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i just got this email. i was gonna post it as well. but you beat me to punch.

i had an SLP loudmouth on my GTP and i loved it. it sounded phenominall. ive also heard it on a TA and it sounded great too. i would will probably wait a while to hear some sound clips or review from members. but i will definitely be keeping my eyes on the SLP.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Aftermarket Exhaust

Check High Performance Pontiac for September. There's an article on Spintech's "True duals" for 04 Pontiac. 2 1/2" from cats to in front of rear wheels. They also offer a fascia for the stock bumper cutout.

They have 3 options ranging from a 10 hp increase to a 20 hp to a 29 hp.

slick50

·
Registered
541 Posts
Crossover or not??

speed_demon_freak said:
Did anyone post this yet?

Looking for the ultimate GTO cat-back system? SLP's new GTO Loud Mouth employs an integral X-pipe crossover and specially designed "Shotgun" race mufflers to provide superior flow and performance..............
--Wait a minute. The factory touts the true duals with the H-pipe blocked off for the original sound. The above implies that an X-pipe is better.

(1) Which is better, completely separate duals or X-pipe?
(2) Why?

Direct answers PLEASE, no dissertations on exhaust theory, cat-back, extractors, decibels, resonance, cutouts, packing, baffling, stainless tubing, back pressure, expansion chambers, etc....unless they're necessary to answer the questions. Been there done that. :D :D :D

·
Been here for a long time...
4,662 Posts
1stChildhood said:
--Wait a minute. The factory touts the true duals with the H-pipe blocked off for the original sound. The above implies that an X-pipe is better.

(1) Which is better, completely separate duals or X-pipe?
(2) Why?

Direct answers PLEASE, no dissertations on exhaust theory, cat-back, extractors, decibels, resonance, cutouts, packing, baffling, stainless tubing, back pressure, expansion chambers, etc....unless they're necessary to answer the questions. Been there done that. :D :D :D
No theory, it works better :) Any crossover pipe, H or X pipe, than running none at all. Has to do with exhaust pulses or some such. I'm not up on the actual reasoning but it does produce more power all things being equal.

The stock exhaust was made for sound. Pontiac keeps saying they spent a long time to get the "sound" right. And that sound had to be within sound laws also.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rob said:
No theory, it works better :) Any crossover pipe, H or X pipe, than running none at all. Has to do with exhaust pulses or some such. I'm not up on the actual reasoning but it does produce more power all things being equal.

The stock exhaust was made for sound. Pontiac keeps saying they spent a long time to get the "sound" right. And that sound had to be within sound laws also.
Thanks. I can live with that....they did no crossover so as to get the exhaust note, then, but for max power there would be a crossover....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts