LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else pre-ordered the SLP loudmouth exhaust? I ordered mine today and it should be here in a couple of weeks, I still got the pre order discount too :) :)

At first I was going to go with the Stainless Works splitter system, but after talking to a buddy of mine at a body shop, I chose against it because there really isn't a way to fill in the cut out left by the stock exhaust. Seems like every company I talked to was either making bumpers with cut-outs on both sides, or waiting for the '05 to make a body kit. No one was making a piece ti just fill in the cut-out. After doing some calculations I figured that it would cost about $1500-$1800 to do it correctly. I can't justify spending that much for exhaust, so I started thinking about single sided exhausts.

I knew that I didn't want Borla or Corsa because they don't use an x-pipe. After talking to some Mustang guys, I know who cares about Mustangs, I decided on the Loudmouth. The exhaust uses a high flow x-pipe, high flow straight through mufflers, the same used in the Magnapack system in the Mustangs which sounds really really well, and is stainless steel. All of this for $600, what a deal. Hopefully it'll be LOUD and deep, I will post pics when I get it on the car

Later

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
hey tony,
please be sure to post what you think of the exhaust. the SLP is my first choice of exhaust. mostly for the same reasons as you
-it uses the stock exhaust location
-i like SLP
-it should be loud
-its the least expensive SS exhaust out there right now.

im gonna wait and see what everyone thinks of the SLP loudmouth before i get mine. then once im ready to buy im gonna wait until Tbyrne has them on sale with free shipping again. this is bar the best price out there.

i figure that with the 10% discount and free shipping i should be able to get it and install it for around $600 (assuming prices do not go up). lets see the borla or corsa beat that price.
anyways, hope it goes well for you. maybe i will have to catch up with at a chitown meet to hear what it sounds like.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
It'll sound good. Won't be extremely loud because it's just a catback but louder than stock for sure. I also figured there was no good way of filling the OE exhaust cutout so i went with the SW on the left setup but opted for twin 3in rolled edge tips, similar to Borla.

Be sure to get some pics and sound clips.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It doesn't matter whether you choose the loudmouth or the powerflow really. The muffler on the powerflow is exchangable with the resonator from the loudmouth. I have the slp catalog here in front of me and you can buy either the resonator or the mufflers seperate.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I ordered the powerflo as well. Currently I have the random tech cats, and I also ordered the JBA shorties. I wasn't sure with the loudmouth if the exhaust note would be too loud with all those goodies so I went with the powerflo. The cool thing is that I can change out the mufflers for the loudmouth resonators. Hopefully everything will be here in a couple weeks..

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
bob_50 said:
I ordered the powerflo as well. Currently I have the random tech cats, and I also ordered the JBA shorties. I wasn't sure with the loudmouth if the exhaust note would be too loud with all those goodies so I went with the powerflo. The cool thing is that I can change out the mufflers for the loudmouth resonators. Hopefully everything will be here in a couple weeks..
DY has told me that LTs, no cats, and the loud mouth would be EXTREMELY loud. probably illegally so.

so im sure with shorties and RTs and the power flow setup you will be fine. you may even find that you want to go with the loud mouth to be a bit louder.

im gonna start with the SLP loud mouth. then somewhere down the road maybe do headers and cats, just cant decide what combo i want.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I pre-ordered it a few months ago and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. As soon as I get it and have it installed I will post some pics and try some sound bites.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is scheduled to be shipped by the end of the month!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts