LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SLP Heads/Cam dyno numbers!!!! 375RWHP!!

OK, my dinner guests just left. It's been killing me because I wanted to post this earlier. Here are the #'s!!! I took FATCYAT's car to the dyno today. We made a couple of pulls. Keep in mind this car has a K&N filter and Heads and Cam combo from SLP. Stock manifolds, stock cats, stock resonators, stock exhaust, and a mail order tune from FAST chips.

First pull=374.4rwhp and 339.5rwtq.This is an overlay of my car's run bone stock vs. the heads/cam car. This is assuming Todd's car put out the same thing. I think it's a little light personally. It should get faster becasue the car only has 300+ miles on it!! Mine had 1000 miles when i did it. Ok here is the first chart:

The power just doesn't stop. there is a 1.5hp difference from peak to redline.
Here is the TQ dyno sheet:

Approx 20% through the drivetrain =374.4x1.20=449crank hp. Pretty close to the 485hp advertised. With headers, exhaust, and highflow cat/ or cat delete it should break 400 easy. No prepping on the dyno either. Ran the car hot for an hour on the way down and let it cool for 30 min or so with the hood open.

A second pass proved the #'s are for real when the car ripped the rollers at 373.8rwhp and 340.1rwtq.

The AFR's on the car were pretty decent as well for a mail order tune. We should be able to squeak out another 10-15hp with a good tune. Then add the exhaust we should easily be in the low 400hp range. Here is a chart with the stock afr/hp and the slp package w/mailorder tune.

We are elated the car did what it did. The power curve is awsome. I wish it had more torque but that's what some exhaust work will do I believe. The car never stops pulling to redline at 6900rpms. I'll have the dyno sheets up in a couple minutes.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
gtodoug said:
OK, my dinner guests just left. It's been killing me because I wanted to post this earlier. Here are the #'s!!! I took FATCYAT's car to the dyno today. We made a couple of pulls. Keep in mind this car has a K&N filter and Heads and Cam combo from SLP. Stock manifolds, stock cats, stock resonators, stock exhaust, and a mail order tune from FAST chips.

First pull=374.4rwhp and 339.5rwtq.

Approx 20% through the drivetrain =374.4x1.20=449crank hp. Pretty close to the 485hp advertised. With headers, exhaust, and highflow cat/ or cat delete it should break 400 easy. No prepping on the dyno either. Ran the car hot for an hour on the way down and let it cool for 30 min or so with the hood open.

A second pass proved the #'s are for real when the car ripped the rollers at 373.8rwhp and 340.1rwtq.

We are elated the car did what it did. The power curve is awsome. I wish it had more torque but that's what some exhaust work will do I believe. The car never stops pulling to redline at 6900rpms. I'll have the dyno sheets up in a couple minutes. They are scanning as I'm posting.

sweet!!!!!!!!!!! damn those dinner guests for making us wait.....what was the cost for all this? :hail: :hail:

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
I'v been waiting for that.
Great numbers :hail: :hail:

you enjoy it bro, and try not to hurt yourself :cool:

after these numbers i'll just call it a day and go to bed :secret:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great question. What is all this costing? Here is a breakdown.
$2595-cam and head kit
$195-install kit
$170-double roller timing chain
$159-pushrod assembly
$19-160 tstat
$500-mailorder tune from FAST chips
______
$3642+installation

Not bad really. I'm sure several of you have spent 1300 for header, 700 for exhaust, 500 for a tune or predator, 200 for intake, etc. A full bolt on car is near $3k anyway. You really need to have all this done before the heads/cam. The car is totally different from stock. It drives very different as well. Not as much tq down low. actually a loss of 15-20 for a short period down low. Big cams with lots of overlap will do that though. Ok, your slowing up progress of the dyno charts dbluegoat, you've got me rambling!!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, scroll back to the top, I just edited and added dyno charts. Enjoy!! Bedtime for me.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Nice numbers for a stock exhaust that's choking it. Should easily be over 400 at the wheels with some exhaust work. Torque should come way up also.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what we're hoping for rob. Mine will be done today most likely and will have all the exhaust work in place with the exception of the SLP powerflow which is preordered.

I was a bit discouraged for a while there because people were telling me the SLP kit wouldn't break360-370 with all the bolt-ons in place. I'm just happy it seems to be working out.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Good numbers Doug. You should definitely be able to tweak it for some more. Most tuners I know charge about the same as your mail-order tune, so it would definitely be worth it to get it with a good tuner on a dyno who can tune it for your car, not some generic map.

Good luck, and let us know when you get it to the track. :cool:

Padre

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Padre, do you know the specs on the cam your running in you mdmc 510 package? Curious to know. Thanks, dougie.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
gtodoug said:
Padre, do you know the specs on the cam your running in you mdmc 510 package? Curious to know. Thanks, dougie.
I'm not a cam-expert, but I believe it's a 236/238, 590 lift, with a 114 LSA (MDMC uses a 112 on their M6). It's rather aggressive - some have called it a "mountain" cam, but it's very driveable.

What's the SLP cam?

Padre

·
1,263 Posts
Blitzu said:
Nice numbers!!! I am the only one though who thinks the torque numbers are not very impressive???

The torque should also kick in sooner for a street car, it would make it better suited.
Just my 2¢ worth. Errr better put it would be more useful to have peak torque at say 2500 to 4000 RPM.

·
Registered
206 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I'm not a cam-expert, but I believe it's a 236/238, 590 lift, with a 114 LSA (MDMC uses a 112 on their M6). It's rather aggressive - some have called it a "mountain" cam, but it's very driveable.

What's the SLP cam?

Padre
Padre our Mn6 cam is cut at a 114 not 112, a 112 to us is a bit much for our street cars it lops around to much but it will make more power. Those numbers look good I assume it is a automatic as well with no stall converter?

Reagrds
MDMC

·
Registered
206 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Ah, I stand corrected, I must have misheard.

Padre
I will have your ticket to the 11's done today Padre, I will call you later with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts