LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a brief improptu vid. Just got off work tonight and happend to have the camera with me. We started it up so you can hear what it sounds like at idle. Vid is about a minute long. It sounds so sweet. The only thing done to the car is the heads/cam pack. Everything else is completely bone stock. Ok, enjoy!!! Oh, and it hauls some serious butt.

SLP idle vid

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Very nice. :cool:

Let's just say, I know the feeling. :)

Now get thee to the track! :driving:

Padre

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I dunno what kind of weird a*s link that is, but when I click it, both under FireFox and IE, I get a 5.34 KB file of type "file". Me thinks there be a problemo...I also tried Save As... and that had the same problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
phobos512 said:
I dunno what kind of weird a*s link that is, but when I click it, both under FireFox and IE, I get a 5.34 KB file of type "file". Me thinks there be a problemo...I also tried Save As... and that had the same problem.
Hmmm... Worked for me. :confused:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Nice idle. That is gonna be a killer on the street. No burn out ? :burnout:

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Adam4356 said:
Nice idle. That is gonna be a killer on the street. No burn out ? :burnout:
I was thinkin the same exact thing, How about a makin some smoke for our enjoyment.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Well, it worked for me now. Looks like your ISP had a problem sometime late last night. I'm in Mozilla and I clicked and got a file called "Todds" at 3.9MB. Last night, doing the exact same thing, I got a file called "wNTAxMDAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=" at 5.34KB.

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Heads and Cam with stock Manifolds? Yikes bro.. Talk about a waste. Did you have it dynoed? You're probably choking the shit out of it.

Sounds nice tho.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't disagree that the motor may be choking at this point. Especially since I read the post about the collector size on the GTO. Keep in mind I am just sharing the vid. My car is the red one that you caught a glimpse of in the video. My setup will be the same exact heads/cam combo with the CS pipe and MPD airbox, JBA shorties,random tech cat pipes, and borla or slp powerflow exhaust.

In driving the yellow one seen in the video, it really pulls hard. I would expect power to be in the 350-360rwhp as it is currently setup. I could be really wrong though. We need to get her on a dyno.

·
Registered
65 Posts
that car in the video is not idling right my car sounded the same way after i put my cam in if you guys want to email me i cant tell what to do to get that car to idle a lot better it requires ls1 edit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts