LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the SLP site and the heads and cam setup they sell puts out 485. The MDMC site has a 510 setup so I am thinking this would be better right? If you look the SLP setup makes no mention of changing your pipes... and given the "Street Legal Performance" name I guess it would not quote HP that would be derived from making your car Street illegal. The MDMC dyno sheet says (at the top of there 410 setup) "Inch and 3/4 long tube headers, 2.5 inch full exhaust and 4 inch intake system, no cats." I am asuming that there 510 setup would have been dynoed the same... dunno. I would rather know what I was getting from the setup I was going to be running on the street.

SLP would be my choice... just an observation :punch:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I've got the MDMC package for my A4. I don't want to start a vendor war - nothing but respect for the others.

Let's just say real-world results will prove the matter. Check my sig for mid-summer numbers on what it can do. I've yet to see similar numbers from other vendors.

Padre

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I actually suspect that both head and cam combo's are near identical. The one site just can't quote HP derived from things that would make your car illegal. Looks like your car is putting out close to the same numbers the SLP dyno sheet showed, That would uphold the theory. There both CNC, the only difference could be the cam... lift duration etc
I think the numbers from either would be better money spend than a SC or Turbo... I love the way the MagnaCharger looks just don't have those kinda bucks... and I think I would rather have a twin screw than a roots.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're from Texas man, why not support a local vendor like MTI? Or is that name banned because they're not a supporting vendor of this board?

Mike

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
No, that name is not "banned" ... they've posted here saying that the GTO market is not big for them. I encourage people to support vendors that support our community.

That being said .... those numbers are just estimates. There is no heads and cam package that will steetable with stock cubic inches that will do much more than 450RWHP.

Both kits will gain power.... just stay grounded with the number factor.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
DFWGTO said:
There both CNC, the only difference could be the cam... lift duration etc.
Indeed. Mine is about as aggressive as you can get. I've posted the numbers elsewhere, but best thing is to just call MDMC.

DFWGTO said:
I think the numbers from either would be better money spend than a SC or Turbo... I love the way the MagnaCharger looks just don't have those kinda bucks... and I think I would rather have a twin screw than a roots.
Yes and no. I can't go much further as far as daily driveabililty goes with my h/c setup. An SC would have enable me to have a very streetable car for similar performance. MDMC has the fastest stock-cid SC'd Z06 in the nation, and IIRC, it has a 6-rib P-1. If you're looking for top-end performance, then some of the normal options that are offered are not the route to go - need more breath up top.

Padre

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Back to the H/C combo thing, we just ordered the kit from slp. They haven't updated their site yet , but say that it should be over 500bhp now. The kit should be here in 10-12 business days. When we get it installed I promise sound/video clips for you guys. I should be able to take the bosses car to the dyno as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
gtodoug said:
Back to the H/C combo thing, we just ordered the kit from slp. They haven't updated their site yet , but say that it should be over 500bhp now. The kit should be here in 10-12 business days. When we get it installed I promise sound/video clips for you guys. I should be able to take the bosses car to the dyno as well.

Padre and all, everyone is going to have their heads cam combos out and on the track soon, we hope so then we can see how ours stacks up. We only wanted to get to the track at the start of this game with real world numbers and track times. No night racing, ice downs, digital bolt to the car timing equipment to improve times just 94 to 95 degree of muggy weather and hot laps at a 1/4 track to show our customers what they will do in everyday hot driving conditions. Our goal at MDMC is selling our product to people who understand this and don’t just want a dyno sheet and a 1/4 pass on a cold perfect day. Just as with any business competition is always around you, we deleted our competition with our vette twice in the stock CID single power adder class at the tuner shoot out in Jackson SC and at Brandonton Fl in 2004 with our daily driver which is driven to Fl once a month getting 23mpg. We love competition and the door is always open for same track testing just like it has always been. The rule of thumb is there is always someone faster one day to the next, enjoy your cars guys its fun just being able to own toys like this. Whichever choice you make will be the right one.

MDMC
OpticZ06

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Uh, Street Legal Performance has not been used by SLP for a very long time. I would also personally not buy anything from them unless I really had to.

They are now just SLP and it doesnt stand for anything any more. I also talk to Dave Hamburger on another board quite regularly and have confirmed this a few years ago. So dont get tricked into assuming that everything they do is "street legal" because its not.

Just a fair warning :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts