LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my SLP Loudmouth 1 cat back system. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I just ordered my SLP Loudmouth 1 cat back system. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
TIP: sell it or cancel order. get a borla or a corsa. your welcome.

sorry i had to. And I only speak from experience because I had this system on my car. Its trash and most on here will agree. I'm sorry you didnt listen....you let the cheap price suck you in. You live and learn i guess. Too bad you wasted money.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was honestly about to PM you to tell you I can sell you my used LM2.

I've had both the LM1 and LM2, with headers and without. With headers they are both load and harsh though the LM2 sounds a little bit nicer. The LM1 became too ridiculous for me after a couple years in college, but I thought the LM2 had a decent tone to it and is a fair amount cheaper than the other options.

I ended up putting the stock catback back on because I have headers and a cam and wanted to meet sound restrictions at CA tracks and not get too much police attention.

Reactions: Kfxguy

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
31 Posts
I agree with everything that has been said here and I currently have the Loudmouth on my car. It is ridiculously loud and has a tone at 2500 rpm that gets me to my nerves. I have a fully built motor and kooks long tubes with catless mid pipes. A nice Borla would be great with headers I think.

As for tips, grease the hangers when putting them through the rubber bushings and keep all the bolts somewhat loose so you can make adjustments to get the tail pipes to come out right. OH, and wear eye protection. When I first put this exhaust on my car I had a metal shaving get in my eye and the eye dr had to dig it out. Safety first!!!

·
Worthless reject member
40,442 Posts
I was honestly about to PM you to tell you I can sell you my used LM2.

I've had both the LM1 and LM2, with headers and without. With headers they are both load and harsh though the LM2 sounds a little bit nicer. The LM1 became too ridiculous for me after a couple years in college, but I thought the LM2 had a decent tone to it and is a fair amount cheaper than the other options.

I ended up putting the stock catback back on because I have headers and a cam and wanted to meet sound restrictions at CA tracks and not get too much police attention.
I went with the LM2 mufflers just to shut mine up. The LM1's sounded like crap with headers. On the other hand, i could barely hear them with the stock manifolds and midpipes on.

I'll be switching to something else eventually. I really did enjoy my spintechs on my 05, even though they were a bit loud. I might go with a stainless spintech system on my 04 in the future.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Surprisingly I’m pretty happy with the Kooks and stock catback and the cam. It sounds real loud in the car, and I meet sound at Laguna Seca on the 90 dB days.
My attention now is on trying to optimize suspension for track days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts