LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Step into the Torque
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some pictures at SLP day this past weekend of the Project GTO that they are working on. 402 cubic inches, (6.6L for those who prefer the metric term.) Put out 500rwhp they say, ran in the low 12's that I saw, not sure if they ran it faster in the afternoon.

https://home.comcast.net/~silverls1gto/SLPGTO.htm

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
yeah, everything's *****in except for the 2 different styles of rims! Incidently, I think the 402 kit is available to buy from www.slpeng.com

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
I see they are using Firebird wheels on the back. Wonder if they have any problems running that bolt pattern?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Pontiac GTO said:
Wow thats cool! What does the emblem say on the trunk lid?
It says ZL402.

RedThunder said:
yeah, everything's *****in except for the 2 different styles of rims! Incidently, I think the 402 kit is available to buy from www.slpeng.com
That's likely because they are running drag radials on those crappy rear wheels, didn't want to mess up the nice HSV wheels they have on the front. Plenty of people do that (BMR, for example, in the vids I can remember, have stockers with drags in the back and fancy aftermarket wheels in the front).

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Rob said:
I see they are using Firebird wheels on the back. Wonder if they have any problems running that bolt pattern?
This is SLP we're talking about...They could have easily drilled a new bolt pattern or something if it had been a problem.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
looks good. i really like those HSV rims. and they are a pretty good price too
You know, what's curious is, on the window sticker the last item in the right column is "ROH Wheels" but the wheels on the car are clearly these from HSV:

I wonder what the deal with that is?

·
Step into the Torque
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pontiac GTO said:
Wow thats cool! What does the emblem say on the trunk lid?

Trunk Lid badge says ZL402. tried to get a good shot of it.

And yes it did have drag radials on the rear since they were running time trials that day.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
phobos512 said:
You know, what's curious is, on the window sticker the last item in the right column is "ROH Wheels" but the wheels on the car are clearly these from HSV:

I wonder what the deal with that is?
ROH is a wheel manufacturer. HSV is an aftermarket auto upgrade company (similar to SLP). so if an HSV car has ROH wheels, then the wheels are considered by most people to be HSV wheels. (even though HSV did not manufacture them)

or think about it this way. the stock GTO wheels are made by ROH, but everybody refers to them as "pontiac wheels" right. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts