LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Designed specifically for GTO applications, these headers employ 1 5/8" primaries and a mid-length tube configuration to provide substantial power increases throughout the rpm range. Team them with one of our Loud Mouth or PowerFlo cat-backs to create a fully optimized exhaust system.

GTO Header Features
Constructed entirely form mandrel-bent 304 stainless steel
Worth up to 15 additional rear-wheel horsepower
Aluminum-ceramic coating provides superior performance, appearance, and component longevity
Easy bolt-on installation - no cutting or welding required!
Includes high-flow catalytic converters, matching down pipes, detailed instructions, and all required installation hardware

Our part number and price is -

30160 2004 SLP GTO Mid-length headers $899.99

Orders placed by October 15th will receive FREE UPS ground shipping (contiguous 48 states only).

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
$899 for midlength headers and cats! that sounds like a really great price. i just wonder how loud it will be with the Loudmouth. anyone care to guess?

oh also, another question: will the installation with these be as involved as the installation of the LTs?

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We do alot of header installed with the Loudmouth on the Camaro and Firebird. Those cars don't get to much louder unless you remove the cats. Then it is REALLY loud! I expect these and long tubes to take about the same amount of time to install.

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. For additional information, check out the following links:

Consumers Bill of Rights - http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8123
What You Can Do If Your Warranty Is Denied - http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8124
Federal Warranty Laws - http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128
Vehicle Manufacturer Warranty Contact Phone Numbers http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8129

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
SEND US E-MAIL

WE WILL SOON BE MOVING INTO A NEW 8000+ SQ FT FACILITY. MORE INFO COMING SOON!

·
Been here for a long time...
4,660 Posts
Is SLP planning on doing 1 3/4" headers also? I'm thinking the 1 5/8" is on the small side for an LS1. 1 3/4" in a mid length would be nice.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
so the loudmouth with the headers and cats would be loud but REALLY FRICKING loud. the more i hear, the more i like it.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like these headers will be available early! There should be some ready to go by the end of next week! Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-482-9763. This week's 10% off sale will allow to orders placed by Monday (10/11).

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Does the install of these headers require removing the steering shaft?

GTOdriver7 said:
so the loudmouth with the headers and cats would be loud but REALLY FRICKING loud. the more i hear, the more i like it.
Its not too too loud. CMNTMXR has SW LT and loudmouth no cats, when he gets on it sounds like a pro stock otherwise its just a hair louder then the loudmouth alone.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
It's absurdly loud at any point above idle! I love it, but others don't share my enthusiasm.

I'm getting cats too! This way I have them for safety's sake and come emissions time. As well As I'm gonna try to install the Magnaflow's in place of the resonators to see if they quell some of the obnoxiousness. And I'll keep the SLP resonators to swap out when I want to.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
329 Posts
Pontiac GTO said:
Do you have to drop the steering rack to install these?
Ditto. :confused:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Pontiac GTO said:
Do you have to drop the steering rack to install these?
called SLP today, nothing has to be done to the steering rack or steering shaft. This is one reason why i'm interested in them. Other is, their should be ample clearance between the header and the steering rack boot. Another is the noise long tubes make is ridiculas it seams, unless you want to put the stock exhaust back on. And you get cats for fraction of the price of long tubes with cats.

I'm torn between these and SW's or dynatech's. Maybe i'll guiney pig the slp's for everyone.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
329 Posts
GMH GTO said:
called SLP today, nothing has to be done to the steering rack or steering shaft. This is one reason why i'm interested in them. Other is, their should be ample clearance between the header and the steering rack boot. Another is the noise long tubes make is ridiculas it seams, unless you want to put the stock exhaust back on. And you get cats for fraction of the price of long tubes with cats.

I'm torn between these and SW's or dynatech's. Maybe i'll guiney pig the slp's for everyone.
Awesome! Too bad I didn't grab these during Tbyrne's 10% off sale... :bomb:

Guess I'll wait for the next deal then snag them up!

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
329 Posts
Well, I would have been the guinea pig here, but I received SO much conflicting information...

Originally, SLP said the rack doesn't need to be dropped. Upon hearing this, I asked Tbyrne to see what they could do about the 10% deal. They agreed to allow me the buy them at $810 - what a steal. (Especially with cats - woo hoo :p)

Then, I get an email from them saying that Don at SLP says that the rack MUST be dropped for installation. What a bummer...

I have no idea who to believe, but I guess I'll trust Don's word. If the rack doesn't actually have to be dropped, I'm going to be pissed. :banghead:

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
329 Posts
Alright, we have a definitive answer now!!!

I talked to SLP today, and was transferred to engineering. They just installed these on their Yello Jacket project car - no dropping required!

So there we have it - 15-20hp with no dropping. But how does that power gain stack up against LTs?

Now I have to decide between these and the AWESOME sale Tbyrne has running on the Dynatech headers...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Do you have to drop the rack with any LT headers (SLP's or Dynatech's), or only SW design?

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
you will have to seperate the steering shaft and remove the rack bolts for any long tube header install.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts