LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We are now taking pre-orders for the new SLP Ram Air hood!

SLP Performance Parts, the aftermarket’s premier source for OEM-quality hoods and body components, is pleased to offer the all-new "Ram-Air H.O." hood for 2004-up Pontiac GTOs. Equipped with a pair of subtly styled nostril scoops, it infuses the GTO with a much-needed dose of visual excitement, without fundamentally altering the car’s clean, distinctive shape. Behind the scoops, custom-formed inlet ducting mates directly to the car’s factory air-box opening, creating a fully functional ram-air setup worth up to 10 horsepower over stock. This is the hood GM should have built in the first place!

Our part number and price is -

100195 SLP GTO Ram Air hood $779.99. You can save $25. by placing your order on our website. The first batch of these should start shipping around September 15th!

Tom

·
Registered
139 Posts
Please clarify the Ram Air inlet ducting, the factory air box is behind the drivers side headlight. Or does the Ram Air re-route / replace the factory air box with flat filters, thereby a more direct air flow.

Thx Jag

04 Cosmo 6Spd

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
We are going to need pics of the engine bay and the bottom of the hood. I looked on SLP, but found nothing. Maybe some different perspectives of the hood on the car.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
SLP said:
To answer the question posed by the gentleman in the "Appearance" forum, the ram-air ducting seals directly to the opening in the top of the stock air box. This provides a true ram-air effect without the added cost of buying new air-box hardware, a new filter assembly, etc. A high-flow air filter that fits in the stock air box will be optional very soon.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
acch. oh well. i saw them :p
i didnt........anyone save a pic to the hard drive?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
no, but even if i did, jon wouldn't appreciate it.
well I would have only wanted to see it through pm.......guess I should have been reading posts instead of WORKING........dammit

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
well I would have only wanted to see it through pm.......guess I should have been reading posts instead of WORKING........dammit
thats what you get for being responsible

·
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
thats what you get for being responsible
ahh :bomb: .....I hate it when that happens

·
21,898 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Im sure they will be up shortly, I wanted to 100% confirm it. Those were the first pictures outside of SLP and I wanted to keep them happy. I'm sure they will let me release them.
ok cool....I understand.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cool Thank you for the pics now that i have seen more angles of the hood i do like it. It keeps the sweet shape and smoothness of the car while introducing function. ^5 ty watch for my order lol.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
It looks plain. Boring to me.
agreed. if im gonna spend the time and money on getting a new hood, i want it to be really aggressive and "snouty" lookin. i want it to give the goat "nostrils"

·
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
agreed. if im gonna spend the time and money on getting a new hood, i want it to be really aggressive and "snouty" lookin. i want it to give the goat "nostrils"
yeah I dont like it either........it just does not look right

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Ok so what I'm getting is that no one really likes this hood. So this brings to mind my question - do companies bother with market research anymore or do they just make what THEY think is cool?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts