LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on Monday I placed an order with Amazon. Item was in stock, don't need it in time for Christmas, said it would be here by 12/24 if I ordered today. Here it is Friday and they still haven't shipped it yet. The item still shows as in stock. Put the smurfing thing in a box and give it to the Post Office or UPS (or better yet FedEx). Now they are saying it will be here by 12/30. Sure won't if they don't friggin' ship it at some point soon since there are two weekends and a holiday between now and then. I would have been better off ordering from some random person on ebay.

So much for Amazon's stellar customer service. I've never been impressed with their service level. Don't plan to ever do business with them again.

·
Super Moderator
11,449 Posts
Prime?

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, I don't ever buy enough from them to justify the $100+ membership. And moving forward I certainly will not. They really don't sell anything I can't get somewhere else.

But Prime or not, should I have to spend $100+ just to get them to ship something in a reasonable amount of time? Something that is in stock and that has been paid for? Of course my card has already been billed.... Last I heard was you couldn't charge for something until it was shipped. At least that was the rule I knew way back when I worked with fulfillment companies.

I should have learned my lesson. My prior order via Amazon (from a vendor, not Amazon directly though) sat unfulfilled for a month and the product was never shipped. I did get refund promptly when I asked for one, but should I have had to? If they didn't have it in stock (the listing said they did) they should have either cancelled my order right away or at least given me a realistic ETA on shipment.

The older I get the less and less tolerant I become of shoddy customer service.

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've decided to just become as annoying a customer as I can until it arrives. Way, way, WAAAY back when I worked in a call center customer service shop so in a way I hate torturing the poor saps who have to work there because I know how joyless it can be but I just don't care any more. Nothing better to do this holiday season anyway. Merry Christmas!

·
Ihanin kaikista
19,099 Posts
Was it fulfilled by Amazon or by seller?

·
Worthless reject member
39,382 Posts
yeah, amazon sucks.

the problem is if their workers ever go on strike, the higher ups will execute order 66 1/2 and make all the amazon warehouse robots turn on the human slaves... i mean workers.

so... i dunno.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I’m just astounded by the nerve of you all. As a member my loyalty to the bazillion $ retailer is up there with that of say.... Costco.
Then again might be due to having 2 warehouses 5 mins from me...

having said that, still need to get 1 gift and doubt I’ll use em

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Was it fulfilled by Amazon or by seller?
Yup. The saps I talked to yesterday kept saying it was staged to ship (whatever that means) and would be shipping soon. Still not shipped....

Another new day. Time to start being annoying to Amazon CS again. ;) I have no plans today, wife is playing with a new toy (a new sewing machine, she's a quilter) so I have ALL DAY to do nothing buy annoy them.

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Current sap is playing psychological games with me. I've had all the same CS training too..... Here's the bottom line. Take the IN STOCK product off the shelf. Put it in a box. Put a shipping label on the box. Ship it. You've had 5 smurfing days to do these tasks and thus far bupkis. I'm not paying you extra just to get you to do your job!

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It just annoys me that they intentionally do such business practices as this to try to get you to ante up to buy their Prime service.

I hope their CS team knows that I can do this shit all day long.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ordered an LP regulator once, was shop heat so had it 2 dayed (been a while back before this 'Prime' bs) on a Wensday have it by the weekend right? Yeah, finally got it Tuesday, started raising hell over it, wanted the extra shipping refunded. Got the usual -if we screw with him long enough he will just go away- program. It wasn't a whole lot of money just if I pay you to do something and you don't do it...right? And THEN be a dick about it.... When I noticed it had come out of a "Fulfillment" center less than 30 miles away I truly got pissed, told them I could have WALKED there and back in less than 2 days and stopped at a fast food joint both ways! Guess they figured (correctly) that the longer it went the hotter I would get so refunded the entire shipping. Mighty damn nice of them. Maybe it's me, for some reason that didn't seem the warm my shop that weekend...

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, if they can offer this:
Why can't they simply ship an item that was ordered 5 days ago?

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
No, I’m implying that the younger generation, and sane folk everywhere, wouldn’t waste their own time playing games with the customer service department.

I enjoyed my time in a customer service call center, especially when I got to deal with customers who thought they’d get one over on the company by being inconsolable over a small issue. I’d sit there with my mic on mute, browse the internet, and happily collect my $14/hr.

·
Worthless reject member
39,382 Posts
Dude, the reason your thingamabob didn't get shipped is because the dude that was supposed to pack it dropped dead at his station and nobody has noticed yet.

Chill out.

·
Worthless reject member
39,382 Posts
No, I’m implying that the younger generation, and sane folk everywhere, wouldn’t waste their own time playing games with the customer service department.

I enjoyed my time in a customer service call center, especially when I got to deal with customers who thought they’d get one over on the company by being inconsolable over a small issue. I’d sit there with my mic on mute, browse the internet, and happily collect my $14/hr.
You, sir, have learned the fine art of NGAF. I applaud you.

·
GR-RRR!
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do I expect a huge faceless corporation to actually respond in a meaningful way? Nope (unfortunately). HOWEVER, if you don't tell someone you are not pleased with the service you are getting you can't honestly expect things to ever change. I'm being an optimist. ;) I'm doing this for ALL of us. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 153 Posts