LS1GTO.com Forums banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
My recent experience with FedEx

• Shipped from Nevada to Charlotte on a truck in three days (over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend)
  • Sat in Charlotte for six days
  • Shows up in Concord (north side of Charlotte), then Durham (overshot my my house)
  • Appears in Kernersville (near my house)
  • Reappears in Concord (overshot my house again)
  • Turned over to FedEx SmartPost
  • Shows up at my mailbox the next day
It was something non-critical, it was during the busiest time of year, and it was the bargain basement shipping option. Which is exactly what I got. However, I think that package has been to more places in North Carolina than I have.
Did you post a screenshot of this recently? I saw something like this fairly recently, but it was a map showing all the stops. I think it was going from Arizon to California and wound up bouncing around the East coast and Chicago for about 5 stops.

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
UPS may have some issues, but they knew how to move packages around the country.
Yes and no. Some horror stories that came from people wanting QUICK shipping around the holidays were enough to get me mad.

Ex:
Paying for overnight/2-day shipping... only for it to get stuck at a facility, on a trailer, with no one to go out and find the package. Sounds awfully similar to the Amazon stories here. The package would either show "Delivered" or "Pick up at UPS facility"... only for the facility to say to your face "Well... it's out there on a trailer somewhere, and we can't go out there and get it."

Sheesh. I'd be pissed.

This was from a business owner that needed documents to close on a million dollar deal. Imagine telling the client "Oh... my documents are stuck on a trailer."

Amazon deliveries still have a tracking # and progress report.
As was mentioned... they only say so much, though. I like that my app gets notifications of all my deliveries.

HOWEVER, on a couple of occasions, I didn't receive shit. Then, suddenly, "Your package has been delivered".

Wait... wut? Fuck. "Someone go check the front door!"

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
My recent experience with FedEx

• Shipped from Nevada to Charlotte on a truck in three days (over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend)
  • Sat in Charlotte for six days
  • Shows up in Concord (north side of Charlotte), then Durham (overshot my my house)
  • Appears in Kernersville (near my house)
  • Reappears in Concord (overshot my house again)
  • Turned over to FedEx SmartPost
  • Shows up at my mailbox the next day
It was something non-critical, it was during the busiest time of year, and it was the bargain basement shipping option. Which is exactly what I got. However, I think that package has been to more places in North Carolina than I have.
Did you post a screenshot of this recently? I saw something like this fairly recently, but it was a map showing all the stops. I think it was going from Arizon to California and wound up bouncing around the East coast and Chicago for about 5 stops.
Exactly... all these services have their horror stories.

IMHO... Amazon is the easiest to deal with, in relation to getting ahold of them and saying "Y'know what? Fuck that package. Just give me my money back."

·
Registered
335 Posts
As was mentioned... they only say so much, though. I like that my app gets notifications of all my deliveries.

HOWEVER, on a couple of occasions, I didn't receive shit. Then, suddenly, "Your package has been delivered".

Wait... wut? Fuck. "Someone go check the front door!"
Yeah, I don't think they ring the doorbell, which is a great annoyance for me and my app doesn't have a notification sound. I could probably force one, but meh.
What really pisses me off is when they deliver something big and plant it right in front of the door, or in one case leaned it up against the door. You know, the storm door that swings OUT? Now I have to put shoes on and go out through the garage.

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
Yeah, I don't think they ring the doorbell, which is a great annoyance for me and my app doesn't have a notification sound. I could probably force one, but meh.
Pros and cons to the notifications, for sure. lol

What really pisses me off is when they deliver something big and plant it right in front of the door, or in one case leaned it up against the door. You know, the storm door that swings OUT? Now I have to put shoes on and go out through the garage.

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
I just Googled "Delivery fails" and was not disappointed. lol

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
54,819 Posts
My favorite thing is when they say they'll be there by like 8/9 pm, so I wait up checking until 10 pm and finally figure it's fucked so I go to sleep. Only to check in the morning and see it was delivered at like 11:30 pm. Like wtf

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
My favorite thing is when they say they'll be there by like 8/9 pm, so I wait up checking until 10 pm and finally figure it's fucked so I go to sleep. Only to check in the morning and see it was delivered at like 11:30 pm. Like wtf
Nah. I'd be griping for a credit of some sort. Fuck that.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
UPS, USPS and FedEx all do a credible job in my experience though I will say that more mangled packages arrive via UPS by about a factor of 10. USPS has the best "delivered in good condition" record in my experience.

And whomever invented the UPS/USPS Smart Post bullshit should be shot. It is not really much cheaper and sure slows down any shipment using this service. Watching the tracking on those can net some big frustration as you see the UPS-to-USPS handoff often take multiple days to accomplish. When the package has actually been in your town for the better part of a week yet still not on your doorstep it is particularly aggravating.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,186 Posts
I ordered something yesterday morning. It was delivered by Amazon a few hours later for free, and cost about thirty bucks less than any nearby B&M store.

🤷

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I ordered something yesterday morning. It was delivered by Amazon a few hours later for free, and cost about thirty bucks less than any nearby S&M store.

🤷
FTFY

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Ordered some DVDs from Best Buy Sunday afternoon and they arrived today. No charge for shipping. THAT'S how it should work.

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
How much were the DVD's? Tax?

Curious about more than just how fast they got there when it comes to Best Buy.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Package contains 22 DVD discs. Price was $25.19 before tax. Tax was $1.64.

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
I think Best Buy's weekly ship date is Tuesday. Doesn't mean that they definitely got that shit to you fast. Edit: Doesn't mean they DIDN'T get that shit to you fast. (Typed too fast for my brain. lol)

But I'm curious how it could've been presented to get there that fast. If I go to BB right now... everything will be here by NEXT Tuesday, if it's ordered right now.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I've always had great luck ordering from BB online. Super fast delivery, never pay for shipping.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Lol....DVDs!

I realize its probably to copy files or something like that, but it made me laugh.
No, it is a set of DVDs of an old TV program.

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
As I scroll through random items, I can see that some are available for shipping as late as next week, on Mon or Tue.

However, some are available as early as Friday.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts