LS1GTO.com Forums banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ordered a 2020 calendar for a work (because $10 every year for something I would use is too big of an expense, apparently) and it was delivered Monday. I went out and grabbed it today, in a shoebox sized box, with bubble packaging, and the calendar on top of the air bags. Now that's quality shipment protection you just don't get from other sellers!

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Here's another example. I bought some stuff from China on 12/30. It didn't get shipped until 1/2 but is arriving today. It also had to go through customs. I didn't pay extra for shipping. Total bill was under $12. Pretty good and will allow me to work on one of my projects this weekend.

·
Send Nudes
4,569 Posts
You want a laugh about Amazon? Here it is: if they deliver with their own service and the package never makes it to your door despite saying delivered, they automatically say that a scanning mistake may have occurred and to wait another two days from the time you complain. No apology, just that it clearly wasn't stolen from the porch and that it was obviously a mistake of the courier.

Luckily for me, I live in an area with same-day shipping, so when they tried this nonsense on me I managed to get my order in and have the item delivered to me today, even though the original was supposed to be here yesterday. Well, when it arrived I tried the same "where is my item" thing, and guess what? I got the same, "Oh, they may have mis-scanned it!" line.

I got them to give me a refund with some prodding, even though they refused to believe that it could have been stolen, but it just goes to show that you should just re-order if they try to feed you this line.

·
Omertà
5,291 Posts
You want a laugh about Amazon? Here it is: if they deliver with their own service and the package never makes it to your door despite saying delivered, they automatically say that a scanning mistake may have occurred and to wait another two days from the time you complain. No apology, just that it clearly wasn't stolen from the porch and that it was obviously a mistake of the courier.

Luckily for me, I live in an area with same-day shipping, so when they tried this nonsense on me I managed to get my order in and have the item delivered to me today, even though the original was supposed to be here yesterday. Well, when it arrived I tried the same "where is my item" thing, and guess what? I got the same, "Oh, they may have mis-scanned it!" line.

I got them to give me a refund with some prodding, even though they refused to believe that it could have been stolen, but it just goes to show that you should just re-order if they try to feed you this line.
And this is why assholes like you cause price increases.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I just ordered a queen sized box spring from Amazon for $125 and free shipping. It’s $75 cheaper than the local place (I do have to assemble it, so that explains the price difference), but the free shipping is $100 cheaper than the local store.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Okay, today I have a huge gripe against the USPS (whom I often defend as being quick and reliable). I mailed a check on SUNDAY (1/19) at just outside of Lincoln, NE to Loveland, CO. This thing was honestly only needing to go 488 miles (per Mapquest, PO to PO) and it still hasn't arrived at the destination. I KNOW Monday was a holiday (for some, including the USPS) and we've had poopy weather all along 1-80, but you can't cart a first class letter this distance in 4 business days? I've gotten stuff from Minneapolis to here in a day. Sure hope it gets there Monday. It is a tad embarrassing to continue to hear that it is not there yet.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,186 Posts
Ordered a band saw last week, came the next day. Finally got around to putting it together last night, and found that it was obviously used and returned. Still worked fine. Complained on chat and got 50% back.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
Ordered a band saw last week, came the next day. Finally got around to putting it together last night, and found that it was obviously used and returned. Still worked fine. Complained on chat and got 50% back.
Good job on getting the discount.

Last week I bought something on ebay, I knew it was used but the price was incredible assuming it was "lightly used" as the seller claimed. Shipping charge was outrageous but the overall price was still pretty darn good. So it finally arrives and the original box was used to ship it and it looks like it's been through the Battle of the Bulge and went back for more. It has weird Amazon Warehouse stickers on it and other stickers and labels had been cut off the box. I assume it was an Amazon return and likely a refurbish. Additionally it was somewhat damaged. At first I thought it was damaged in shipping but given the spot where the damage was and that the corresponding spot in the box was one of the few spots of the box that were good, it was clear it was damaged BEFORE it was ever shipped. Also, the item I received was in no way the same one pictured in the listing. He was selling two, but obviously used pictures of the OTHER one.

Of course the only recourse the seller would provide was to return it. So, that would be $35 here, $35 back for a $50 refund. Total spent with tax, $125 and I'd get a $50 refund and have absolutely nothing to show for it but a $75 hole in my pocket. Seller wouldn't budge, wouldn't offer any other help nor did he try to placate me with at least a partial refund. In the end I was able to somewhat repair the damage so it is functionally okay but still cosmetically scarred and it works as it should. I of course decided to keep it but I gave the seller an earful which I'm sure he ignored. Still wondering if I should file a complaint with ebay. I think I will just to be a PITA.

You know, even an apology would go a long ways and wouldn't cost him anything.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,297 Posts
From Amazon proper or third party?

·
Send Nudes
4,569 Posts
And this is why assholes like you cause price increases.
Because they delivered to the wrong address and I didn't get my item? Lol, don't be a twat. I just did what they would have done, except that they wanted me to wait an extra two days.

If you want to sit around while Amazon makes you wait for an item that won't arrive, then they finally reorder it and send it, by all means. What I did was exactly the same as what they do, except I didn't wait those days. I didn't get anything for free, and I didn't scam anyone. But, please explain how that increases prices (rhetorical, as I already know it didn't do shit). Because the only one that caused the problem was the delivery boy.

·
GR-RRR!
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Okay, today I have a huge gripe against the USPS (whom I often defend as being quick and reliable). I mailed a check on SUNDAY (1/19) at just outside of Lincoln, NE to Loveland, CO. This thing was honestly only needing to go 488 miles (per Mapquest, PO to PO) and it still hasn't arrived at the destination. I KNOW Monday was a holiday (for some, including the USPS) and we've had poopy weather all along 1-80, but you can't cart a first class letter this distance in 4 business days? I've gotten stuff from Minneapolis to here in a day. Sure hope it gets there Monday. It is a tad embarrassing to continue to hear that it is not there yet.
My check showed up today. I guess I'll chalk this one up to a bank holiday and bad weather. But geez, a full week to get a letter less than 500 miles?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ebay is also going to hell in a bucket. Now if a buyer has any gripe whatsoever, legit or not, ya just open a return and the seller has to eat it, no choice in the matter, buyer does not have to say as much as boo, you just get blind sided with a notice from ebay that it's coming back and you have to issue a refund, if you don't ebay will do it for you charging it to your account. Setting up return parameters is a joke; you still take it up the poop chute. Being notorious for difficult to deal with getting anywhere with ebay is an exercise in futility and pointless; thinking they will decide on your side and ship it back to the plaintiff is insanity. In the end you are screwed, the buyer gets to tryout (whatever) or discover it is not what they thought it was, sell ebay a wolf ticket and call it a day. In the mean time ebay and paypal get their fees and laugh all the way to the bank. Ebay is attempting to turn itself into another Amazon by forcing guys (who just have a few things taking up space) into untenable positions.Ironic that Amazon started out to be another ebay. One guy says a 60 year old part for a 60 year old machine must be bent cause he can't figure out how to set it up. Ask about it? Discover the orginal manual is still available online? (as I did to set it up in my shop), nope. Send it back, 200 bucks. No questions asked. Another discovers an electric motor is not what he thought (apparently a standard 56 frame, is actually a special, purpous built for a specif machine) claims defective, no proof, just say so.Listed with part number, pics every angle including the data plate. Does he do his leg work? Nope Send it back, 200 bucks. No questions asked. With other less than favorable results this has pushed my pisstivity meter well into the red. So now I'd like to see them collect since every last number of ours associated is now stone cold dead, forced into that because ebay/paypal will not allow you to remove one single account. In other words if you have a bank account (which is also forced upon you to list) a debit, a credit card as well as "Smart Connect" (or any other sourse) accounts they will not release them no matter how many there are, if you have 50 listed they are not letting you go back to 49, effectively holding hostage. I'm done, off the grid, below radar, TFOH. Not so much the money it's the method; You WILL pay up or else? Screw that.

·
いいえ、それ&#
2,017,399 Posts
Ebay is also going to hell in a bucket.
Yep, though I still use it occasionally for buying parts; I recently bought a new keyboard for one of my laptops that I could only find on there, but I maybe buy 1X a year there.

This is also why I anything I sell now is local, face to face, cash through CL or FB marketplace. I've actually had a lot of good sales through FB with a lot less BS dickering that the CL crowd likes to get into.

·
11,297 Posts
I've sold quite a bit of stuff through the List of Craig. Had to sort through the tire-kickers. It was never anything unique that couldn't be sold locally. You may not be getting absolute top dollar, but you don't have to hassle with the mess of packing, shipping, and PayPal. Meet someone in a public place and get cold hard cash.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Biggest issue I have with CL is the no shows so I don't go very far to meet. If someone wants my stuff they can come to me or go without, just don't think you're jerking me around, I'm literally 2 minutes from the house and I'm not gonna starve over anyone.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
HGH Optimist
7,073 Posts
Shit had me crackin' up here at work... LMAO

·
11,297 Posts
You'd think with all their technology, they'd have some sort of quality control procedure in place to raise a flag when the same item is returned time after time.

121 - 140 of 153 Posts