LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im driving home in the left lane and this midnight blue mustang comes up in the far right lane. i immediatly deduce that he has an exhaust, and i hear him downshift over my blasted radio, so i ease it into 3rd and move to the center lane. he goes around 80 or so (my freight train gear sweet spot) and were even til i hit 4th then he pulls slowly. after we slow down and weasle around traffic a little i discover that it is a cobra. and on top of that he has track numbers on his window. we get away from traffic and do another pull. now i dont know if he was sprayin or what because we were on seperate ends of the hw, but he pulled me like i was standing still, even while i was in 3rd!!! wtf??? we go one more time with pretty much the same result as the 1st run. i gave him a thumbs up and on my way i went. he didnt get off at my exit so i could not ask him about his car. oh well. man i need to get my parts on so i can hang better. anyway does anybody else feel that 4th gear leaves something to be desired??? i have noticed this before. 1-2- and 3 are all powerful, but 4th just kinda sucks. maybe im just gettin used to the car.

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not just that... it just feels like it does not pull hard in 4th. i expect that in 5th and 6th, but not in 4th

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Rockin_Da_Goat said:
its not just that... it just feels like it does not pull hard in 4th. i expect that in 5th and 6th, but not in 4th
Your probably just getting use to the power because the LS2's 4th gear is lethal enough to smash the majority of the cars you'll run into.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Actually, in the M6, 4th gear is a pretty long gear. The gearing really isn't all that great from 3-4 .... kind of like how 3rd gear is the worst gear for the Cobra's.

As far as this race, don't worry about it. You never know with Cobra's, but the majority of them are absolute monsters and they don't look any different on the outside. Just go over to SVTp and you will see 99% of them are over 450rwHP and about 90% of them are at or above the 500rwHP mark. These cars do NOT take a lot to get to that kind of power level. Catback, intake, pulley, ported blower or Whipple/KB swap and a tune will easily get you to the 500rwHP mark....total cost being ~4-5K.

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh im not worried about losing to him. after i found out that it was a cobra i was actually impressed that he didnt blow my doors off (not including the one time he sprayed on me) motor for motor it was relatively close. next spring i win the same race with him having the same setup.

4th gear just seems really long and like it does not pull like the others do. i also notice that the spedomoter increasing speed is not that great either.

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts
I would imagine that the Cobra was modded heavy. I know that the 04 GTO and 04 Cobra are geared the same in 4th gear (with the only difference being the rear end.car and driver comparo

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
You would smell it in his exhaust if he was sprayin.;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Holeshot said:
Maybe he was too far behind to smell it...lol. Never send a boy to do a man's job.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Hada68GTO said:
Maybe he was too far behind to smell it...lol. Never send a boy to do a man's job.
LOL I have had people a 1/8 mile back tell I was pumpin the juice. hehehe

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holeshot said:
maybe if i was close to him. he was on the far left lane and i was in the far right lane when that one went down. i was shocked and amazed. my jaw hit my nuts and dow i have a bruised testicle. jk i have nuts of iron. anyway, he couldnt have done anything else to pull like he did during that run. he was balls to the wall. and he was not toyin with me the other 2 races. you can tell if a car is really being pushed or not and it definatly was. i still dont like my 4th gear though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts