LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is a quick look at the upcoming ATI supercharger.We're currently taking pre-orders to provide some of the first kits that become available!

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
SEND US E-MAIL

SUPERCHARGER DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
any ideas on pricing? :hail:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
What numbers can be expected from this? I'm sure the f-body folks already know this.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Looks slick. I wonder if it uses one of their self contained superchargers or not? That would make it real easy to install.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Im sure it will have the base kit include the P1SC, and then have the tuner version available with the D1SC. Probably have some kind of F1 option as well.

I would definately go with the D1SC if anyone is considering a procharger kit. I have one on my SS truck and it is great. It moves much more air than the P1SC. you will find that the P1SC will be limiting you if you really try to get some good power out of it.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
It's interesting that MDMC built their kit on the other side of the motor. I would love to see an air/water cooler option for this. I don't know why ATI is so married to air/air, because the additional power needed to overcome the pressure drops ultimately comes from the motor. This is not a problem for a balls out race setup, but for folks wanting decent economy in daily driving, I'm not sure this is the most efficient setup. So far, Magnuson is the only mfr making any claims about HP losses under light cruise conditions.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
wow but i'd expect it will go for cubic inchs of dollars. Probley somewhere close to what the C5 set ups sell for. Around 6500.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree about the air/water thing. Im swapping mine out in my truck for an air/water because their intercoolers arent big enough.

Also for economy, any supercharger isnt the best thing out there to help that. But if you are really after the most economical setup, the magnacharger would be a better choice. now if whipple ever decides to build and intercooled setup for any of the LS1's, that would be by far the best setup possible for just about every application.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Just looked at your sig. That truck's gotta be a beast. How do you like the spintechs? On paper, they flow like nobody's business, but I've never got a chance to hear them.

It's weird that the Magnacharger winds up being the economical choice, what with all the damnation heaped on traditional roots blowers for parasitic loss under light driving. Centrifugal's are supposed to be the star there, but it looks like a lot of ATI's are set up to make lots of boost at relatively low RPM, then use the backpressure in the cooler and plumbing to level off the boost on top. Gets around the lag issue, but seems kind of heavy handed to me. Vortech's Mondo cooler looks nice, but you better have a supercharged wallet.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I expect pricing for this to be in the $5000.+ range. The LS1 P-1SC kit is usually good for a 130-140hp increase with 7# and 150+ from the 8# D-1SC. These are self contained units. The D-1SC is recommnded if your be running anything over the basic bolt ons and/or live at a high altitude.

·
Registered
54 Posts
mpg

I'm curious, does anyone have a rough idea what penalty in fuel economy a supercharger would likely bring? Obviously it would vary according to conditions but I'm curious just how much a difference one might expect.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There usually isn't much of a difference in fuel economy but that also depends on how you drive. An extra 140+ horsepower tends to make the right foot when to press down a little harder...

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
tbyrne said:
There usually isn't much of a difference in fuel economy but that also depends on how you drive. An extra 140+ horsepower tends to make the right foot when to press down a little harder...
I will pretty much concur with that statement... I'm shocked in the years I had my car supercharged I didnt get more tickets. Needless to say, it was fast on the highway, very fast! :secret:

·
Registered
169 Posts
mistermike said:
Just looked at your sig. That truck's gotta be a beast. How do you like the spintechs? On paper, they flow like nobody's business, but I've never got a chance to hear them.

It's weird that the Magnacharger winds up being the economical choice, what with all the damnation heaped on traditional roots blowers for parasitic loss under light driving. Centrifugal's are supposed to be the star there, but it looks like a lot of ATI's are set up to make lots of boost at relatively low RPM, then use the backpressure in the cooler and plumbing to level off the boost on top. Gets around the lag issue, but seems kind of heavy handed to me. Vortech's Mondo cooler looks nice, but you better have a supercharged wallet.

I like the Spintechs a lot. with the longtubes and these mufflers, my truck is definately LOUD and very aggressive sounding. It definately makes a lot of people think twice before they consider racing it :)

The magnacharger is more economical because of their bypass system they have, They basically can eliminate the restriction that the blower makes on the intake system when its not boosting. At least from what Ive seen thats how I interpreted it.

·
Here for a while
1,707 Posts
mistermike said:

Remember the Magnuson is not a "Traditional Roots" blower. The bypass valve and the twisted rotors are the key to the efficiency and lack of parasitic loss with this supercharger system. I actually saw a 3 mpg GAIN on the street and a 5 mpg gain on the highway (2004 Chevy Truck 5.3L Auto).

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
[QUOTE='91 Formula]More information. :)
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com//images/servicesImages/GTO3.jpg[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is a good install. I'm glad they've figured a way around that mess that they had before. That'll be a serious consideration for me now in the not too distant future.

The question I have though is, what is included in the different kits? I'd like to have the D-1SC based system...Does that come with everything the basic system does? I assume not based on cost but I'm curious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dosn't sound too bad I would be rather interested in checking into that more and getting an avalibilty date on it. At this point I am pretty sure I will go with a supercharger vice NA.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ATI told us "soon". I think I should have some discounted pre-order pricing available by Monday :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts