LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i went out to parking lot to make a phone call on my cell. i went to gaze at the Goat and noticed that a bird crapped on my hood. so what do i do? i pull out the Meguiars Quick Detail Spray Wax that i ALWAYS keep in my back seat and start to clean my hood.

also, when i am filling up with gas, i always use a paper towel to wipe off the last fuel drops on the nozzle so that they dont spill on the paint.

anyone else this anal.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Well, let somebody hit your car and scratch the paint in the rear fascia down to plastic, then somebody else open their door and scratch the paint in your driver's door down to primer. All this goes along with the factory coverage issues and hood chips.
It makes you much less anal. It also makes you hate people more - but that's another story...
Dan

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
When I pull into the garage I check the car over to see if everything looks ok. I had
bird crap all over the top of the car one time. It had dried. With my Zaino on, it
just flaked right off and then I shot the area with some Z6. I'm like that too with
the gas nozzle. I turn the pump off then press the handle one last time to get all
gas out of nozzle. Then I flip the nozzle upwards after pulling out of filler hole, but before I pull out of filler opening. This way I never spill any gas. I pull my mats out
practically everytime just a speck of dirt is on them. I want them to look new all the time. I could go on, but I need to see my therapist. LOLOLOL

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have Z-6 for the incidental crap incidents and I always park away from the crowd and walk the extra steps. I did buy a top of the line car vacuum to keep the mats clean. So I guess yep, I am anal.
:drink::drink:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
today i went out to parking lot to make a phone call on my cell. i went to gaze at the Goat and noticed that a bird crapped on my hood. so what do i do? i pull out the Meguiars Quick Detail Spray Wax that i ALWAYS keep in my back seat and start to clean my hood.

also, when i am filling up with gas, i always use a paper towel to wipe off the last fuel drops on the nozzle so that they dont spill on the paint.

anyone else this anal.
yes..........I am very careful to not let any gas spill on it.........I never park in between two cars and usually all the way in the back 40 near a curb or something so no one can be on each side of me......

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I park every morning way at the back side of the parking lot next to a silver SVT Cobra. I figure one of these days I may figure out who drives it.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it bad to carry cleaning products in the car? Can't the heat cause them to change properties? I know I have read about this (it was in an article from a SEMA show or something about how a guy had a bucket of products in his trunk and they said hopefully he doesn't have that back there all the time as it's bad).

EDIT
And as far as birds go, you probably should take care of it as soon as you can - that stuff can hurt your paint as it is acidic and what not.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phobos512 said:
EDIT
And as far as birds go, you probably should take care of it as soon as you can - that stuff can hurt your paint as it is acidic and what not.
yes this is the reason for the spray wax and microfiber towel in car. i have never heard that keeping products in the car can ruin them, but it makes sense. i have noticed any changes in the wax yet. but i dont care. the bird crap is terrible. i hate it when it leaves marks. i have a nice coat of NXT on there which seems to be REALLY protecting the paint nicely, im impressed.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I keep windex wipe and Z6 in the trunk. I have not heard about the heat affecting the Z6, I would be interested to hear anybody wiht facts to support this.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
When my wife takes it for the day, I have a damage checklist (like you get when you sign rental agreement) that she needs to fill out. ;) Of course this was AFTER I taught her proper parking spot selection. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
radkon said:
When my wife takes it for the day, I have a damage checklist (like you get when you sign rental agreement) that she needs to fill out. ;) Of course this was AFTER I taught her proper parking spot selection. :D
oh dont even get me started on how ridiculous the GF thinks i am with the Goat :)

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Unfortunately my work parking situation doesn't allow BFE space selection. I've heard of people who get new cars and put a big mark in the paint because the first one is the hardest. I agree - but it doesn't make the future marks easy.
Dan

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
yes..........I never park in between two cars and usually all the way in the back 40 near a curb or something so no one can be on each side of me......
Yep, that's me. :) Of course, I park as far as possible from anyone because, umm, well, I want the exercise. Yeah. That's the ticket. :secret: :rolleyes: :)

Padre

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:banghead: You guys use gasoline?

Jesus I thought I was supose to burn top fuel :eek2:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Holeshot said:
:banghead: You guys use gasoline?

Jesus I thought I was supose to burn top fuel :eek2:
Yeah I'm not sure I'd want to find out what nitromethane would do to the insides of our cars...

·
3,327 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
oh dont even get me started on how ridiculous the GF thinks i am with the Goat :)
My GF has told me Numerous times "One day you will look at me like you look at that car" True, She said the first time on our second date.

Anytime I see bird crap on my car, I wipe it off with the armor all cleaning wipes. Maybe not the best for my zaino polish, but better than seeing that big white spot.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Warren said:
My GF has told me Numerous times "One day you will look at me like you look at that car" True, She said the first time on our second date.

Anytime I see bird crap on my car, I wipe it off with the armor all cleaning wipes. Maybe not the best for my zaino polish, but better than seeing that big white spot.

The question is what do you do when you see bird crap on the GF? See you'd treat her the same way. Although she might object to the coat of zaino.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
radkon said:
The question is what do you do when you see bird crap on the GF? See you'd treat her the same way. Although she might object to the coat of zaino.
lolololol. funniest thing ive heard all day. thats one rub down i wouldn't mind spending all day on.;)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Warren said:

I get that one all the time.....

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
lolololol. funniest thing ive heard all day. thats one rub down i wouldn't mind spending all day on.;)
Pretty sure Warren wouldn't be in favor of that. Not sure about his GF - guess you'd need to ask her... :wall:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts