LS1GTO Forums banner
181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
I drove it tonight, probably the last time I'll drive it as it is right now. I REALLY like how it runs and drives right now, hoping the blower only makes it funner! This thread, now on page 10 and I don't even have a blower yet.

I was looking at if there would be any way to stuff an XAir or other OTR intake on with the Maggie kit and it just doesn't look like there is, at least when using the stock heat exchanger. At the very least I'm going to noodle about building a heat shield so the stock air box at least will be kept away from the engine compartment heat.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
It hasnt gotten old yet for me. It really is enjoyable. With the duspeed i see ~20 above ambient at all times. Stock intake was worse than that with no blower. Shame its not easier to fit without changing the hx.

·
Worthless reject member
49,289 Posts
I drove it tonight, probably the last time I'll drive it as it is right now. I REALLY like how it runs and drives right now, hoping the blower only makes it funner! This thread, now on page 10 and I don't even have a blower yet.

I was looking at if there would be any way to stuff an XAir or other OTR intake on with the Maggie kit and it just doesn't look like there is, at least when using the stock heat exchanger. At the very least I'm going to noodle about building a heat shield so the stock air box at least will be kept away from the engine compartment heat.
Kiss goodbye to getting any useful acceleration out of 1st gear. :ROFLMAO:

·
Worthless reject member
49,289 Posts
its not that bad. i can still hook sometimes and it pulls like a bat out of hell
How much hp/tq do you have to the wheels and what's your weight? I've had issues with red and blue with the setup i'm running. Maybe i just need a different tire. I have lovells springs, qa1 shocks that are turned pretty high up compression and rebound wise, and bags. Sometimes 1st gear holds, sometimes it doesn't. 1-2 shift tends to also light them up unless the tires are pretty warm or i have a good surface. Dropping tire PSi helps of course, but i hate runnin 14-18 psi on the street.

A lot of times when 1st feels like its holding... it really isn't. Slight spin.

Been thinking of playing with tq management to help out on the 1-2 shift. Or just do a minitub. I don't really want to run a 28" tire on an 11 second street car, that just looks silly.

JuSt MiNiTuB all the GTO's.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
How much hp/tq do you have to the wheels and what's your weight? I've had issues with red and blue with the setup i'm running. Maybe i just need a different tire. I have lovells springs, qa1 shocks that are turned pretty high up compression and rebound wise, and bags. Sometimes 1st gear holds, sometimes it doesn't. 1-2 shift tends to also light them up unless the tires are pretty warm or i have a good surface. Dropping tire PSi helps of course, but i hate runnin 14-18 psi on the street.

A lot of times when 1st feels like its holding... it really isn't. Slight spin.

Been thinking of playing with tq management to help out on the 1-2 shift. Or just do a minitub. I don't really want to run a 28" tire on an 11 second street car, that just looks silly.

JuSt MiNiTuB all the GTO's.
549whp/536wtq

100% stock weight with a sub in the trunk. Plus the maggie so i should be heavier regardless. Lovell 370s+10mm spacer, pedders rear shocks. Now im not saying im dropping the clutch at 3k like leaving a tree. But get going and stomp on it, maybe it spins a little but its not sliding its ass everywhere everytime.

Id really like to do a minitub.

·
Worthless reject member
49,289 Posts
549whp/536wtq

100% stock weight with a sub in the trunk. Plus the maggie so i should be heavier regardless. Lovell 370s+10mm spacer, pedders rear shocks. Now im not saying im dropping the clutch at 3k like leaving a tree. But get going and stomp on it, maybe it spins a little but its not sliding its ass everywhere everytime.

Id really like to do a minitub.
I was real light in red, maybe 3100-3200 lbs.

Blue is at about 3400 or so, but has a stripped trunk and rear seat delete. So... less weight over the axle. I could throw a sandbag back there but i'd rather just take more weight off the front and tune the suspension.

·
Worthless reject member
49,289 Posts
Honestly, is there anything closer? I don't spend a lot of time looking at the bezel. It actually looks better when the car is out in the world driving around than artificial light in the garage.
We'll see when i get some of these new paint codes from automotive touchup.

I mean your bezel looks good, dude. Someone like me would have to repaint every peice of trim to match exactly, tho. And then the size of the flake would bother me. I'm just picky.

·
LOVE'N LIFE
14 Posts
They told me that and did ship 8 days later so it will be there very soon, I have a CAN Bus error now and only see a few sensors in HP Tuners, My tuner is telling me I have to figure it out before he will touch it instead of helping me, GRRR. on a good note with just some injector data changed by me it runs really good. I just can not for the life of me find it. Maybe one of these great tuners watching this thread could chime in. Sorry to hijack your thread. I did want to give you confidence it will be there soon!
Here is a quick pic of the Ortiz bezel and cheap gauge Car Speedometer Vehicle Plant Steering part

181 - 200 of 243 Posts