LS1GTO Forums banner
501 - 512 of 512 Posts

·
Wol Gemut
3,582 Posts
It would be most interesting if you get the Green Filter to compare after tune Green Filter vs the S&B. To see if dual cone is worth the extra money.

·
GR-RRR!
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
It would be most interesting if you get the Green Filter to compare after tune Green Filter vs the S&B. To see if dual cone is worth the extra money.
I honestly doubt there would be a measureable difference in performance between the two. The biggest motivation for the Green Filter is better filtering. But the car is pretty much put away for the year so there is no urgency on the Green Filter right now anyway.

·
Wol Gemut
3,582 Posts
I had never heard of Green Filter but the dual cone design seems clearly superior. also, this video is very impressive.

so I bought one, do not have easy access to dyno to compare so will have to rely on SOTP dyno.

·
GR-RRR!
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
I had never heard of Green Filter but the dual cone design seems clearly superior. also, this video is very impressive.

so I bought one, do not have easy access to dyno to compare so will have to rely on SOTP dyno.
I'd be interested in your impressions once you get it installed. As far as the video is concerned, I'm sure a lot of what is going on there is marketing. As much as I dislike K&N, I find it hard to believe the K&N would be as restrictive as they demonstrate (almost as restrictive as a paper filter). They do flow well, they just don't filter as well as they should. But superior filtering (which to me is the Green selling point) is hard to demonstrate easily and effectively.

·
Super Moderator
17,083 Posts
K&Ns flow so well they let all the dirt right into your engine. Especially when guys over clean the hell out of them because they want them to look all purdy and such.

That being said, they are not a terrible filter.

So much filter product out there is all marketing and hype anymore.

I think in general the overall design of the assembly is far more important to making power than the filter media itself.

·
GR-RRR!
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Looks like I'm going back to the dyno on Saturday afternoon. Will test the improved intake/filter which will determine if my butt-o-meter has any credibility. Also plan to test dropping the cats. That missing HP is in there, we just have to find it!

Go ahead, make your guess. Last time on the dyno it made 456hp/433tq. I'm going to guess the intake upgrade was good for at least 15hp. We'll see if I'm dreamin', but the way I think about it anything less and I don't think I would have noticed a difference.

501 - 512 of 512 Posts