LS1GTO Forums banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you dont mind my asking - Which bracket did you get for the catch can? I have an EE Catch also and need somewhere new to mount it.

·
GR-RRR!
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
If you dont mind my asking - Which bracket did you get for the catch can? I have an EE Catch also and need somewhere new to mount it.
I'm going to try to make the 62L bracket work. I plan to try to find a way to bolt it to the master cylinder bracket by the driver's side strut tower.

·
Administrator
8,916 Posts
Not shocking at all. Everything is getting more expensive. We (Eaton) have had 2 price increases this year and have another one coming next month.

·
GR-RRR!
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
I think my Maggie install just got even more expensive.

I currently have Kooks stepped headers and Kooks high flow cats. I was looking the the listing for these cats on the Kooks site and it states: "STANDARD RACE CATS NOT FOR USE IN FORCED INDUCTION APPLICATIONS ". Now I'm not sure why that is the case but they list their GreenCats as what is appropriate for a forced induction application. So do I need to drop another $660 plus what it would cost to put them in to get GreenCats on my car for when I go forced induction?

EDIT: SHE-IT! The $660 price tag is EACH.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
I think my Maggie install just got even more expensive.

I currently have Kooks stepped headers and Kooks high flow cats. I was looking the the listing for these cats on the Kooks site and it states: "STANDARD RACE CATS NOT FOR USE IN FORCED INDUCTION APPLICATIONS ". Now I'm not sure why that is the case but they list their GreenCats as what is appropriate for a forced induction application. So do I need to drop another $660 plus what it would cost to put them in to get GreenCats on my car for when I go forced induction?

EDIT: SHE-IT! The $660 price tag is EACH.
No

·
Registered
194 Posts
We installed an Edelbrock Eforce on an 07 Vette about 2 years ago down at the shop. It had a set of spun cats on it, I want to say that they were Bassani. They lasted 3-4 months before one broke loose from the body of the cat and wedged itself and clogged up. After that we recommend catless on FI. This is why we went catless on my wife's car.

We don't do a lot of this work but we do a fair amount of work for our local Corvette club.

·
Administrator
8,916 Posts
I know someone who blew out one of his high flow cats less than 200 miles after installing a Maggie. Tuner even warned him during the dyno session. He’s now catless.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts