Discussion Starter · #165 ·

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·

·
LOVE'N LIFE
14 Posts
My Maggi came in last Monday so yours should be shipped any time now, I believe you ordered a few weeks after me. Thanks for the bezel link, I cheated and paid Ortiz to do mine, came all black though

·
Registered
309 Posts
With headers, you’re probably only going to see roughly 5 PSI from the blower with stock pulleys. Can they do a 10PSI max gauge so you can actually see the gauge move? Seems dumb to have a gauge that goes to 20PSI when you’re application will only ever see 5(ish) PSI max (you said you don’t plan to up the boost).

Hope they don’t print the “Speedhut Inc” on your gauge face too. That would annoy me.
I had an external boost gauge hooked up on the dyno day and saw a just under 6psi at 6300rpm. Stock TB/MAF with screen still in, Kooks 1 7/8s into dual 2.5" no cats. And my shoddy 4" hardcore style intake. ~3600ft of altitude.

I have a 2 bar map installed, however I have no yet converted to the 2bar OS so I couldnt update you there, but I suggest doing the 2bar anyways to future proof.

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
My Maggi came in last Monday so yours should be shipped any time now, I believe you ordered a few weeks after me. Thanks for the bezel link, I cheated and paid Ortiz to do mine, came all black though
That is good to know.

How did the Ortiz bezel look? How was the quality of the work and the paint finish? On mine, I'm glad I went with the 90 degree elbow for the pod. I can still pretty easily see the lights behind the pod.

·
LOVE'N LIFE
14 Posts
They did a really good job? I would have rather them paint them correctly but the black is a good match, I am glad I bought it before you did yours or I would have done it myself and never stopped not picking

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
They did a really good job? I would have rather them paint them correctly but the black is a good match, I am glad I bought it before you did yours or I would have done it myself and never stopped not picking
Post up a few pictures if you get a chance.

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
As of today, been 10 weeks waiting thus far. sigh This coming long weekend would have been a great time to install a blower since my wife has a project to finish all on her own and we have no other plans. So after 9 pages in this thread and still the main character has yet to show up in the movie. BUT, it can't be long now I hope. At the very least I have a good head start as I've bought all the supporting parts I want or need beyond what is in the kit. I've already installed a bigger radiator, reinstalled the OEM crank balancer, installed a DW300 fuel pump and modified the fuel pump bucket for more flow, the four-corner steam vent system is in place and my boost gauge is already there and working. Also, my tuner now lives in my small town, his shop is still in Lincoln, so he will be able to swing by when the time comes to put in a preliminary tune to accommodate the new injectors so I can at least drive the car to his shop instead of having to trailer it there. And his shop is only about 10 miles away as it is.

C'mon Magnuson/SuperChargersOnline..........

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
As of today, been 10 weeks waiting thus far. sigh This coming long weekend would have been a great time to install a blower since my wife has a project to finish all on her own and we have no other plans. So after 9 pages in this thread and still the main character has yet to show up in the movie. BUT, it can't be long now I hope. At the very least I have a good head start as I've bought all the supporting parts I want or need beyond what is in the kit. I've already installed a bigger radiator, reinstalled the OEM crank balancer, installed a DW300 fuel pump and modified the fuel pump bucket for more flow, the four-corner steam vent system is in place and my boost gauge is already there and working. Also, my tuner now lives in my small town, his shop is still in Lincoln, so he will be able to swing by when the time comes to put in a preliminary tune to accommodate the new injectors so I can at least drive the car to his shop instead of having to trailer it there. And his shop is only about 10 miles away as it is.

C'mon Magnuson/SuperChargersOnline..........
did you pin the crank when you switched back? i cant remember.

i have the injector data for the LS9 but if hes going to build you a base tune im sure he does too.

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
did you pin the crank when you switched back? i cant remember.

i have the injector data for the LS9 but if hes going to build you a base tune im sure he does too.
No, the pin kit is part of the blower kit which I haven't received yet. I of course will be pinning the crank once I have my blower kit.

·
Worthless reject member
49,289 Posts
Going fast, only one more left.
well, seems it isn't as close to a match as i would have hoped. only slightly lighter than the ford platinum metallic paint, and under certain angles where the purple flake in the OEM trim paint really shows it is vastly different.

wonder what i'm going to do with these two cans now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Seems it's still taking quite a while to get performance parts in. Waiting for my heads/cam package to show up from Mast Motorsports. Been nearly 2 months now 😆

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
well, seems it isn't as close to a match as i would have hoped. only slightly lighter than the ford platinum metallic paint, and under certain angles where the purple flake in the OEM trim paint really shows it is vastly different.

wonder what i'm going to do with these two cans now.
Too bad it didn't work better for you. My experience was different, I found it to be a very close match other than it is somewhat more sparkly than OEM. Maybe a coat of clear matte finish would help?

·
Worthless reject member
49,289 Posts
Too bad it didn't work better for you. My experience was different, I found it to be a very close match other than it is somewhat more sparkly than OEM. Maybe a coat of clear matte finish would help?
not taking the flake into account, it is close. the flake kills it though. oem is a fine purple pearl, the SEM is a large silver flake.

currently exploring some other color code options. we'll see if they are a better match. will let you know in a week or two.

·
GR-RRR!
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Since I haven't been able to get anything very specific from my vendor, I asked Magnuson directly about the status of my kit. They hesitated at first but when I told them my vendor was scant on details they agreed to look into it. They told me that the production team reported that my kit should be ready to ship next week. Hoping against hope that this is the case. I'd like to get this thing together before all the good weather blows away.

161 - 180 of 243 Posts