LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Under the knife again....
2006 SRM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it was a debate between Star Chief Jeff and Tom TIberio about early 60's Pontiacs and I think Tom got a little heated about it. Then SOMEONE!!! went back outside and stirred the pot again after wards. It was pretty damn funny

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
All I can say is I'm glad I was gone when the pot was re-stirred. He asked me what my compression ratio was, I told him. He didn't believe me, not my problem. He then went on to start another one about whether the early GTOs were Tempest or Le Mans. We disagreed on that one, and.....

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
All I can say is I'm glad I was gone when the pot was re-stirred. He asked me what my compression ratio was, I told him. He didn't believe me, not my problem. He then went on to start another one about whether the early GTOs were Tempest or Le Mans. We disagreed on that one, and.....
I'm glad you made it out yesterday and it was cool to see the old hotrod go down the track!

·
I hear twins are fun....
659 Posts
Joe, I need my big ass spoon back - NOW!

·
Under the knife again....
2006 SRM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No worries at all Jeff. The best part was the pot getting re-stirred. It was good to see you again, hope you can make it to FL

Good job Jeff(Pirate)

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
It was fun, I know the beast isn't fast, but it's fun to play with anyway. Thanks a lot for allowing me to hit the track.

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
You had enough space to record the whole run? I figured you'd run out of digital memory by the time I made it to the end. That'll be cool to see.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
The 1961 Pontiac Ventura 389

Specifications
Wheelbase, inches: 119.0
Weight, lbs: 3,685
Number built: NA
Base price: $3,200

Standard Engine
Type: ohv V-8
Displacement, cid: 389
Fuel system: 3 x 2 bbl.
Compression ratio: 10.75:1
Horsepower @ rpm: 348 @ 4800
Torque @ rpm: 430 @ 3200

Representative Performance
0-60 mph, sec: 8.2
1/4 mile, sec @ mph: 15.5 @ 9

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
It was funny Toms knowledge on old steel has always been more than a little impressive. Way to stir that pot Joe lol....

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
The 1961 Pontiac Ventura 389

Specifications
Wheelbase, inches: 119.0
Weight, lbs: 3,685
Number built: NA
Base price: $3,200

Standard Engine
Type: ohv V-8
Displacement, cid: 389
Fuel system: 3 x 2 bbl.
Compression ratio: 10.75:1
Horsepower @ rpm: 348 @ 4800
Torque @ rpm: 430 @ 3200

Representative Performance
0-60 mph, sec: 8.2
1/4 mile, sec @ mph: 15.5 @ 9

Wrong motor, Tom.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
It was funny Toms knowledge on old steel has always been more than a little impressive. Way to stir that pot Joe lol....

It is scary how much Tom knows about vintage Pontiacs. No shit, down to the type of bolts used to hold the oil pump pick-ups in the pan.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
He then went on to start another one about whether the early GTOs were Tempest or Le Mans. We disagreed on that one, and.....
Well, there is a good reason, unless you had an extremely rare GTO optioned Tempest that Mecum, Barrett/Jackson, and GM for that matter, does not know about then you would know why he disagreed with you.

Straight from the history of the GTO

"The GTO option was available on three LeMans bodies; the two-door coupe, hardtop, and convertible."

Joey gave the links above.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts