LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about the car and specifically how they run the intake (there've been questions about this all over the board).

Here are the emails (last response from them @ top):

----------------------------------------------------
Once parts and designs have been track proven, there are plans to market components and perhaps full RTR cars. That announcement will come on the web site when it happens.

Thanks again,

John

On Jul 27, 2004, at 3:28 PM, Artelt, Matthew CIV wrote:

I figured as much. Are there any plans to release information at some time in the future to interested parties? Or to perhaps market performance items based off of those on the racecar? Thanks!

Matthew P. Artelt

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 12:27
To: Artelt, Matthew CIV
Cc: Moxlow David

Subject: Re: Stu Hayner GTO Pictures

Thanks for your inquiry.
I'm afraid, at this time, all technical information regarding the development of the race car is proprietary.

Regards,
John Thawley

On Jul 27, 2004, at 2:28 PM, Artelt, Matthew CIV wrote:

Mr. Thawley,

I would like to thank you for the excellent photos you continue to provide of Stu Hayner's exploits in the #5 GTO racecar. I look forward to your pictures after every event. That said, there are several pictures that have piqued my interest with things that have been done to the car - specifically in the way of intake and radiator modifications. Would you be able to provide information on the intake setup on the GTO, or put me in contact with an individual who would have that information (assuming it is publicly releasable)? If specifics on the intake setup are not available to the public, I understand.

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work!

Matthew Artelt

I for one CANNOT WAIT to see products based on those on the racecar. I have no idea of the time frame, such as if they're talking end of season or what, but I will be waiting with baited breath.

·
Registered
349 Posts
What web site is being referenced?

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Well a little track news. I was at mid-ohio and the guys from Autosports were great the entire weekned . they had no problem letting you look at the car and take pictures. on the other hand I almost got into with the guys from the CTS-V there were pretty rude. one of them grabbed my daughter camera when she was taking a pic.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rockos GTO said:
Well a little track news. I was at mid-ohio and the guys from Autosports were great the entire weekned . they had no problem letting you look at the car and take pictures. on the other hand I almost got into with the guys from the CTS-V there were pretty rude. one of them grabbed my daughter camera when she was taking a pic.
Well, the pictures up on the website I linked from Portland (I think, may have actually been Sonoma) show some pretty good detail on the intake, which is what I was most interested in. I'm thinking I may drive up to check them out in Monterey in October.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I would like to congratulate Autosports for the fine job they did on the louvered carbon fiber hood they made for Stu's... uh, I mean MY car. :D

Yeah, yeah... I'm rubbing it in. :)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
FLORIT said:
I would like to congratulate Autosports for the fine job they did on the louvered carbon fiber hood they made for Stu's... uh, I mean MY car. :D

:p :p :p :p

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FLORIT said:

It's not the hood I'm interested in there big guy :)

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
FLORIT said:

Yeah the hood on yours looks good. But after seeing the new one up close I like the new hood on the race car.......No offense they are both sweet looking hoods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts