LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start in 3rd... T/C off..... brake held and tach at like 1500 RPM? Drop brake slam gas and go???

All this sound about right ??

Anything else that should be done

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
goatwrx said:
sounds good but padre talks about rolling on to the gas rather than slamming it down.
If you've got too much power, you gotta roll into it. If you can hook with the power you have, then brake-stall it all you can.

Other than that, bugeye, just experiment and find the right spot.

Padre

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am stock at the moment.

Only bad thing is that if I dont make it into the 13's the guys at my work are gonna slam on me for days.

I know I should be happy even with 13.8-13.9.

Just got to be in the 13's :eek2:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
silverbugeye said:
I am stock at the moment.

Only bad thing is that if I dont make it into the 13's the guys at my work are gonna slam on me for days.

I know I should be happy even with 13.8-13.9.

Just got to be in the 13's :eek2:
You should be happy as **** with any kind of 13's.........most A4's are running 14 or more

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I couldn't hook up for nothin' doing the brake stall technique. I got my best time thus far by just rolling on nice and easy (well, not nice and easy, but not BOOM on the gas either, you get the idea). I'm still stock as far as the engine goes, but I'm thinking the stock tires suck and so did track prep. Anyway.

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
1,211 Posts
phobos512 said:
I couldn't hook up for nothin' doing the brake stall technique. I got my best time thus far by just rolling on nice and easy (well, not nice and easy, but not BOOM on the gas either, you get the idea). I'm still stock as far as the engine goes, but I'm thinking the stock tires suck and so did track prep. Anyway.
Is that your car in the picture below your post? If so what type of hood is that and where did you get it? Looks sweet!!! :hail:

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
From one A4 guy to another....

Best passes I got from my goat "totally stock" was when I staged from idle and matted it on the last yellow.

I got a best of 14.00 at 99.50 with a 2.125 60 footer... Other passes were 14.04 and 14.02 using the same procedure. Any loading of the converter just slowed it down, The stock converters have no flash at all and these two ton cars need more.

This weekend I tested and even with some very minor mods and drag radials, my best ET's were still attained when staging at idle.

Good luck!

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts