LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like we might find looking at another justice to replace. I mean clearly her health is bad but regardless of health she seems to be missing a good bit of work.

(I wouldn't say I'm missing it, bob . . . .)

But it would seen even in the next year we could be looking at a nomination replacement. It was a craptastic affair the last 2 times, this should be that much worse.

Thoughts and who do you think would be fronted?

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,366 Posts
There's a woman judge out there, don't remember her name, but it has been floated before. You'd think a female judge replacing a female judge would be a cakewalk, especially after the Kavanaugh circus. However, I think she's pretty anti-abortion.

edit - Amy Coney Barrett

·
Porch Dick
20,251 Posts
Barrett was the one folks were suggesting Trump should replace the Kavanaugh nomination with after all of the "girl power" fuss surrounding him - a troll job, if you will, considering that she is to the right of Kavanaugh.

RBG appears to be done as a useful member of the Supreme Court, but she's still valuable to the Dems as a seat holder, so she'll get everything needed to keep her spot filled up to and including the Weekend at Bernie's treatment.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can that happen though? Once again illustrating why there needs to be some term limit on the supreme court. Sure 20 years but no more than.

·
Porch Dick
20,251 Posts
Scalia's seat was vacant for over a year and he was dead (Pubs playing defense that time). Holding RBG's spot while she still has a pulse should be no problem, regardless of how many days of oral arguments she misses.

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,460 Posts
Until Trump is out:

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scalia's seat was vacant for over a year and he was dead (Pubs playing defense that time). Holding RBG's spot while she still has a pulse should be no problem, regardless of how many days of oral arguments she misses.
I figured even if she resigned tomorrow - and turnip started the discussion of nominating ________.

it would be put on hold at least as long as the shutdown is playing. And then the dems would just wait out the 2020.

I bet even if turnip suggested a left laying judge that was a muslim, latina, it the dems wouldn't agree just out of pure spite.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
took me a whole minute to figure out what that was supposed to be. the hair throws it off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts