LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it this week? Anyone have any news on them? Seems like theres a few stories of them lurking around the country. Any leads on the Railroad side of things???

·
Registered
189 Posts
This is one well kept secret, it seems like they are keeping everyone from customers to dealers in the dark. You would think the GTO has something to do with national security the way they are hiding every fact and keeping everyone quiet. I guess we must continue to be patient and have a beer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its not just the customer thats left in the dark. I am the Parts Mgr at a Pontiac dealer in TX and my sales mgr has about as much information as we do. But we just received the December 2003 Pontiac Insider magazine that is put out to dealers and it says "With GTOs scheduled to start arriving at dealerships in a matter of days, you may be planning something special for its public introduction...." So hopefully GM can keeps its schedule.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I miss getting the Insider magazine! :(

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
I am guessing sometime between tomorrow and Dec. 8th.
No, I don't have inside info, it is just a feeling I have.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm still waiting for my brand new 1957 DeSoto Firesweep. It's Cold War red with the optional record player mounted under the dash and gum-dipped Firestone gangster whitewalls. She'll have the pushbutton tranny and and those new-fangled disc brakes on the front. I think I've been more than patient and they never even bother to call. Come to think of it, they don't seem to advertise much any more either..........:sneaky:

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
I agree with B4Z - should be here in next couple of days.

My rationale is simple - I emailed Pontiac last week requesting info when my GTO would arrive at the dealers. They left me a nice voice mail stating that while they know the car was built on 9/10 - they can't as of yet confirm delivery - except that per their understanding it was to be at the dealers within 90 days of build and if it isn't ehre by 12/10 start pushing the dealer to find out where it is.

I know the above sounds like the usual brush off - except for one thing - they had to go out of their way to find my business number, it was not part of my email, plus they called - normally they just email back the usual "we will email you when we find out"

This tells me the cars are almost here.

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
I was at the Tarheel Tigers meeting last night, and the have been asked by Hendrick Pontiac to take part in a big Saturday roll out event. Most are betting on 12/13, but no hard facts, yet.

I am as excited as you guys, and I am not even getting one!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Question is, are they delaying delivery in examples like Rushour's where his was produced 9/10 and they are waiting for the official release date of them all which could be 12/13, 12/25....etc, etc to get them to the customer?

I know I wouldn't mind a three month wait on mine as it'll push delivery back into March when all the snow is gone, but mentally it's a killer knowing I have to wait a minimum of three months from assembly date before I even see the car!

·
Registered
429 Posts
just called pontiac gave them my file #and order letters put me on hold and said that my car was built and shipped thats all they know???? if it was built and shipped would the production #s change?? or are they playing games

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
My understanding is that every car is going through Quality Control before they are put on the trucks.
Now does that mean they are loaded on trucks and taken to a holding yard, QC'ed and then loaded back on a truck to be sent to the dealer?
Or are they QC'ed down at the docks in SF?
I don't know?
If they are taking them to a holding yard you can add another 1-2 weeks to the delivery time.

Maybe Pontiac is waitng for 2 full shiploads to be QC'd before they send them to the dealers.

·
175 Posts
Pontiac called me today. The girl left me a voicemail at work. She said,"Mr. Thompson, I am calling about your chevy, i mean pontiac order. I looked into things and your GTO has been built. It even has a VIN#. I still do not have a status on it because i believe it is on a ship. As soon as it gets on land your status will update. Your sales manager should have all the information." I was releived that they actually told me some information for once, but i was kinda hopin it would be in the states already. Just gotta wait another more month. Hopefully you guys are a lil luckier and get yours sooner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts