LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Will design cars for food
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Spirit of Daytona have a stock suspension? I'm not too familiar with Grand Am rules, although I have helped wrench on a GAC Mustang that a friend crews for. Can you post up some pictures and/or specs. I'll be running my GTO at some DE events this summer so I'm going to replace some bushings but I'm not going to change shocks or springs just yet. What was modified from stock in order to make the car handle well? Do you have any info on the Brembo brakes? Which calipers are you using? I take it that someone has fabed up an adapter bracket?

Any info that you might be able to share would be appreciated. We like looking at racecar parts so post up whatever you can.

Good luck this season.

-Matt

·
Spirit of Daytona Racing
15 Posts
SOD GTO Brakes

All the major suspension components we use are stock except wheel bearings which are Moton Shocks.

If you are going to take your GTO out on track and compete we recommend that you replace the rear cross member bushings.

We sell the Brembo and PFC Brake Kit with the adapter bracket. If you are interested in buying parts or brakes from us, contact us and we can discuss pricing. Hope to see you at the GTO Car Corral!!

Attachments

·
Will design cars for food
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spiritofdaytona said:
All the major suspension components we use are stock except wheel bearings which are Moton Shocks.

If you are going to take your GTO out on track and compete we recommend that you replace the rear cross member bushings.

We sell the Brembo and PFC Brake Kit with the adapter bracket. If you are interested in buying parts or brakes from us, contact us and we can discuss pricing. Hope to see you at the GTO Car Corral!!
Thanks. Radius rod, strut top (camber) and crossmember bushings are on the list of things to do. I have a friend who works for Brembo so I can get rotors and calipers through him. The adapter bracket is what I really need.

Do you have an e-mail address or phone number where I can contact you?

-Matt

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Hey spiritofdaytona. Welcome to the boards, took ya long enough. So who did Troy put in charge of the forums?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What size rotors are included in the kit? Are you upgrading both front and rear brakes on your GAC GTO's or just the front? Thanks.

Am hoping to get my '05 out on the track sometime this summer.

spiritofdaytona said:

·
Spirit of Daytona Racing
15 Posts
brakes

The rotor diameter is 13 inches .. and the rotor part number is 09.9226.20, the caliper model part number is xA2.30.0102, hat mount hole diameter is 5x 4.75 inches and spacing of caliper bracket mount is 7.087 in.

We upgrade the front brakes. We do not upgrade calpiers on the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
spiritofdaytona said:
The rotor diameter is 13 inches .. and the rotor part number is 09.9226.20, the caliper model part number is xA2.30.0102, hat mount hole diameter is 5x 4.75 inches and spacing of caliper bracket mount is 7.087 in.

We upgrade the front brakes. We do not upgrade calpiers on the back.
Thank you for the detailed reply. Good luck this season. We'll be following your team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts