LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Odd Man Out
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had the Goat for a week, and already, I've got a pencil-tip sized paint chip, all the way down to the metal...on the roof of all places. :banghead:

That is such a weird place for a paint chip of that size with no surrounding damage, I almost wonder if some jealous degenerate did it intentionally. Anyway, that first imperfection on a new car is always difficult to stomach, but I'm getting over it. The Goat can't stay perfect forever... I have such bad car karma though. I take extremely good car of my cars, drive carefully, and always park as far away from other cars as I can, but something like this has happened within the first week with every new car I've purchased.

Anyway, what's the best way to get something like this fixed?

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
i hear ya on that, i found my first chip in the paint on the front bumper, and i noticed a swirl mark on the pass door thats gonna have to be buffed out and when i put the new grilles in, i cracked off one of the clips on the bumper!!!! that one made me mad, but the easiest way to fix it is touch up paint, might not look the best, but will protect it, i mean you could always mask off the area sand it down, re prime and paint and clear coat and hope you can blend everything in so you dont see a square box on your roof..... but i would lean towards the touch up paint....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts