LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to wait till I got up to 3k but was close enough and had the time before work today to change my oil. I swapped to full synthetic and plan to stick with castrol syntec 10/30. It brought my oil consumption down a little in my 99 Z28 and stood up well with all the hard driving I did in that car.

Tom

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Tom,

Just curious... Why did you decide to use 10W30 instead of 5W30? Is it because of the climate that you live in?

Thanks!!!

~MattS

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt
Yup, mainly because of the climate and that it stands up to heat better. It really dosen't get below 30 degrees here to often but does go up to and above 100 alot in the summer.

Tom

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Having less viscosity modifiers is usually a good thing, if the temps don't get real cold.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it at the base auto hobby shop here @ Travis and ended up playing show and tell for about an hour. Its easy to put on a lift and still have clearance without touching the side skirts. I let the dealer do the first oil change for free and really didn't care for how they had the car resting slightly on the skirts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts