LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 2006 gto with 19k miles on it and it’s been a great car. It’s bone stock and one day all of a sudden when ever I take off in 1st gear, sometimes there’s some vibration as soon as the clutch reaches the friction point. It’s like kind of a jerk coming either from the engine or underneath the car. Can someone help me figure this out? I didn’t think the clutch could be going out because of how low the mileage is and it was owned by an old man it’s whole life. Thanks

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think mine does this, but only when I first pull out of the garage for a drive. I replaced the clutch 15k miles ago myself. I dont think much of it because it doesn't slip, it doesn't stink and it goes away promptly.

·
I Deal In Pain
361 Posts
Might want to check the doughnuts on the two piece drive shaft. They will cause vibration at first then shakes later. Just not very good rubber.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine did this after I upgraded the clutch and associated parts. After a little inspection, the transition mount bolt had come loose a bit and was knocking against the undercarriage some. Tightened her up and no more noise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would check the clutch fluid. If it's dirty looking, then air has been getting in and should be flushed. If too much air is in the line, it could make for an uneven engagement which you feel as the vibrations.

·
Worthless reject member
48,501 Posts
It's not air that makes clutch fluid dark, it's very fine clutch dust which makes it past the slave cylinder piston seal.

Actual air in the clutch fluid would give you a lot more problems, as in very weak pedal feel and incomplete or nonexistant clutch disengagement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts